The Mankvim-814's simple construction consisted largely of a reactor feeding power to a high-velocity ion drive. A magnetized rudder tilted the ion flow for off-axis thrust, while side thrusters aided roll and yaw adjustments.
The interceptor was armed with twin rapid-fire laser cannons and durable deflector shields for combat. The Mankvim-814 light interceptor seated one pilot, typically a droid pilot. The interceptor's aerodynamic wings, fitted with repulsorlifts, aided the overall maneuverability.
The Mankvim-814 was a bulbous, oval-shaped, short-range fighter created by the Feethan Ottraw Scalable Assemblies on behalf of the Techno Union on the planet Utapau. The Techno Union built these tiny, short-ranged starfighters on the planet from local materials. They were hastily constructed in the Grand Halls without any regard for Utapau's architectural heritage.
During the Galactic Civil War, a number of spacers including Kiro Celsius, used this type of craft for atmospheric travel. The wreck of a crashed Mankvim-814 was found outside of Nym's Stronghold on Lok.
Behind the scenesEdit
While Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith Incredible Cross-Sections gives the maximum atmospheric speed of the Mankvim-814 as being 62,000 km/h, the later published Starship Battles Preview 6 gives it as being 1,450 km/h. It is possible that the latter is simply gameplay mechanics. Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith: The Visual Dictionary mislabels a picture of a scoop skimmer as a Mankvim-814 interceptor.
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (First appearance)
- Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith Incredible Cross-Sections
- Star Wars: Complete Cross-Sections
- Starships of the Galaxy, Saga Edition
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (As "Mankvim-814 Interceptor")
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 Star Wars: Complete Cross-Sections
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 2.14 2.15 2.16
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 3.13 3.14 3.15 3.16 3.17 Starships of the Galaxy, Saga Edition
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars Galaxies