"March of the Resistance" is the musical track and theme, composed by John Williams, that represents the Resistance in the 2015 film Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens. It first plays in the film when Poe Dameron and Resistance forces arrive on Takodana to fight the First Order at Takodana Castle. The motif is continued in "Han and Leia" and "Scherzo for X-Wings."
In The Mandalorian Season Two episode "Chapter 10: The Passenger," the melody plays as the New Republic ships take off after saving Din Djarin from a horde of knobby white ice spiders. During "Chapter 12: The Siege," a different composition of the theme is played during the conversation between Carson Teva and Carasynthia Dune. These versions of the theme were composed by Ludwig Göransson.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 10: The Passenger"
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 12: The Siege"
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi
- Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker