- "The Jrade Plaza surrounding the newly commissioned marcluro-stone statue has in the past held tens of thousands of spectators, but today's sparse gathering was dominated instead by the presence of clone troopers and Senate Guard security."
- ―A HoloNet News report on the opening of the Finis Valorum Memorial
In 21 BBY, marcluro-stone was used in the construction of the Finis Valorum Memorial, a statue built to honor the former Supreme Chancellor Finis Valorum after his death in a terrorist attack. The memorial was built in the Chancellery Walkway in Jrade Plaza in the Jrade District on the planet Coruscant, and its unveiling was reported in the 15:01:13 HoloNet News Core Edition.
Behind the scenes
Marcluro-stone was mentioned in "Republic HoloNet News Core Edition 15:01:13," an in-universe news report written by Pablo Hidalgo and published in the seventy-third issue of the Star Wars Insider magazine on December 26, 2003. "The Lost One," an episode of the sixth season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars that first aired on March 1, 2014, portrayed Valorum as alive in 20 BBY, contradicting his previously established death in 21 BBY and leaving the canonicity of his marcluro-stone memorial within the Star Wars Legends continuity uncertain.
Notes and references
- "Republic HoloNet News Core Edition 15:01:13"—Star Wars Insider 73
- "Republic HoloNet News Core Edition 15:01:13" places the unveiling of the marcluro-stone Finis Valorum Memorial in 15:01:13, which corresponds to 21 BBY per the reasoning here.
- The Essential Atlas
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Lost One"
- The Official Star Wars Fact File Part 60 (20 BBY 67–70, Sifo-Dyas' Legacy) places the events of "The Lost One" in 20 BBY.