- "Hello, Master Obi-Wan."
- ―Mari Amithest and her classmates, to Obi-Wan Kenobi
Mari Amithest was a Force-sensitive human female and a member of the Jedi Order as a child during the last years of the Galactic Republic. Raised within the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, Amithest began her training in the ways of the Force and lightsaber combat among other Jedi younglings as a member of the Bear Clan. In 22 BBY, while practicing her lightsaber skills under the supervision of Grand Master Yoda, Amithest's class was visited by Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi, who sought the ancient Jedi Master's help in locating the planet Kamino.
The Grand Master decided to use Kenobi's inquiry to engage his students' problem-solving skills. Amithest's classmate, J. K. Burtola, deduced that the Kaminoan homeworld's location was erased from the Jedi Archives.
Mari Amithest was a child; born at some point between 30 BBY and 26 BBY, she lived during the final years of the Galactic Republic. Having joined the Jedi Order at a young age, she became a member of the Bear Clan—a class of younglings who trained together in the Jedi Temple on the planet Coruscant. In 22 BBY, Amithest and the rest of the Bear Clan were practicing with training lightsabers under the tutelage of Jedi Grand Master Yoda in one of the Temple's classrooms when the Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi interrupted the lesson to seek Yoda's guidance.
Yoda halted the class, and Amithest and the others greeted Kenobi, who explained that he was looking for the planet Kamino, but could not find it in the Jedi Archives. Yoda instructed Amithest's classmate Liam to lower the classroom's blinds so that Kenobi could show the class a holographic star map and indicate where the planet should be. The ancient Jedi Master asked the class if they had any thoughts on why the planet might be missing. Ultimately, J. K. Burtola, another classmate of Amithest, suggested that it was erased from the archives. Satisfied with this answer, Yoda moved away from the younglings to speak briefly with Kenobi about this troubling idea.
Personality and traitsEdit
Mari Amithest was a human female who had black hair, brown eyes, and tan skin. She conducted herself in an appropriate manner, greeting the more senior Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi upon his visit to her classroom.
Powers and abilitiesEdit
- "Use your feelings, you must."
- ―Yoda, to Mari Amithest and her classmates
Amithest was Force-sensitive and therefore possessed the powers of the Force. As a youngling, she received an introductory course in lightsaber techniques from Yoda, who taught Amithest to let her intuition guide her actions.
Behind the scenesEdit
Mari Amithest was portrayed by Phoebe Yiamkiati in the 2002 film Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones and was identified in the film's credits. The character was identified as simply "Jedi Child May" in the film's script and originally responded to Yoda's question with "If the planet blew up, the gravity would go away."
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of Attack of the Clones to 22 BBY; therefore, she must have been born between 30 BBY and 26 BBY. establishes that Amithest was between four and eight years old during the events of
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 2.14 2.15 2.16 Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- ↑ 3.0 3.1
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones, which includes Amithest's appearance, to 22 BBY.
- ↑ The Art of Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones