Maridun was a planet located in the Rolion sector of the Outer Rim Territories covered in grassy plains where large seed pods grew and was inhabited by mastiff phalones. It was settled by Lurmen who sought to escape the Clone Wars, whose village was discovered by Republic survivors of the Battle of Quell who crash-landed there.
Soon, Separatist General Lok Durd arrived and sought an alliance with the Lurmen, while plotting to test a new weapon known as the Defoliator on them. The Jedi present discovered this and defended the Lurmen village when Durd decided to betray them. They rallied the villagers, succeeded in disabling the Defoliator and captured Durd before three Star Destroyers arrived to retrieve them.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Jedi Crash" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Defenders of Peace"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Hostage Crisis" (Appears in flashback(s))
- "The Face of Evil"—Tales from a Galaxy Far, Far Away: Aliens: Volume I (Mentioned only)
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- Star Wars: Women of the Galaxy
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition