Maridun was a planet located in the Rolion sector of the Outer Rim Territories. Covered in grassy plains where large seed pods grew, it was the homeworld of the Amanin and was inhabited by mastiff phalones.
Lurmen who sought to escape the Clone Wars settled on the planet. During the war, Republic survivors of the Battle of Quell crash-landed there and discovered the Lurmen village. Soon, Separatist General Lok Durd arrived and sought an alliance with the Lurmen, while plotting to test a new weapon known as the Defoliator on them. The Jedi present discovered this and defended the Lurmen village when Durd betrayed them. They rallied the villagers, disabled the Defoliator and captured Durd before three Star Destroyers arrived to retrieve them.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Jedi Crash" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Defenders of Peace"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Hostage Crisis" (Appears in flashback(s))
- "The Face of Evil"—Tales from a Galaxy Far, Far Away: Aliens: Volume I (Mentioned only)
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 2 (Databank A-Z: Alzoc III–Antilles)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 6 (Databank A-Z: Jar Jar Binks–B'omarr Order)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 13 (Databank A-Z: Poe Dameron–Delta 7-B)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 15 (Databank A-Z: Dooku–Dwarf Spider Droids)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 30 (Databank A-Z: Tee Watt Kaa–Kamino)
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- Star Wars: Women of the Galaxy
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition