The Marksman-H combat remote, also referred to as a seeker droid and training remote, was a remote used for military training. Manufactured by Industrial Automaton, it was equipped with non-lethal blasters to prevent injuries to the target. It was sold for 350 credits.
The fast-moving and unpredictable remote was commonly used by marksmen to improve reaction time and aiming skills. In order to prevent damage, remotes were usually shot at with light-only blasts. Many smugglers and bounty hunters also used remotes to perfect their quick-draw skills. Most famously, Han Solo owned and practiced with a Marksman-H model training remote.
During the time of the Galactic Republic, Jedi younglings would practice Shii-Cho with these remotes. Indeed, the younglings were using them, under supervision of Yoda, when Obi-Wan Kenobi came to them for help in locating Kamino. Some variants, however, were modified for actual combat in case the Jedi Temple was attacked, as was demonstrated during Operation: Knightfall.
After the birth of the Galactic Empire, several Marksman-H combat remotes were modified to carry out executions to enemies of the Empire. These execution droids would wander population centers and scan for enemies of the Empire based on the identities of known targets stored in their memory banks. Upon locating them, the targets would be executed on the spot.
Later, Luke Skywalker practiced with one aboard the Millennium Falcon. Luke could not predict what the remote would do, but then Ben Kenobi put down the blast visor on Luke's helmet. Eventually Luke saw the point of this; after a little more practice, he could block the droid at will.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Jedi Academy: Return of the Padawan (In drawing)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game
- LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
- Luke Skywalker's Activity Book
- The Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- Cynabar's Fantastic Technology: Droids (Picture only)
- Star Wars Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook
- Star Wars: Power of the Jedi
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 24 (German Edition - MAR1-2, Marksman-H-Kampftelemat)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 97 (JED10, Jedi Field Equipment)
- The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (as Marksman-H)
- The Clone Wars Campaign Guide
- Millennium Falcon Owner's Workshop Manual
- Star Wars: The Card Game – Core Set (Card: Shii-Cho Training) (Picture only)