Mars Guo was a male Bardottan who participated in podraces during the reign of the Galactic Republic. The thin nosed Guo preferred a very large podracer which, despite its size, was rather fast. Guo participated in the Boonta Eve Classic during the Invasion of Naboo, and was able to stay among the leaders for the majority of the race. Guo held second position during the second lap, right behind the crowd favorite, Sebulba.
However, maintaining a position behind the Dug turned out to be the Bardottan's undoing, as Sebulba tossed a piece of scrap behind him which lodged into one of Guo's massive engine intakes. The engine jammed and exploded, causing the racer to crash. Guo's cockpit spun around wildly, but upright, as the debris settled. Sebulba later crashed in the same stretch of land Guo did during the end of the third lap, and the Boonta was won by the human contestant Anakin Skywalker.
Behind the scenes
- "First time, big time... Mars Guo!"
- ―Fode introduces Mars Guo in a deleted scene
Mars Guo was created for the 1999 film Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace. Although Guo was a puppet for his close up shots, distant shots that contained Guo portrayed the character as being computer generated, although the model wasn't very detailed. A far more detailed digital model was created for an extended grid sequence that was included on the DVD release of the film. However, the digital model had different colored eyes than the puppet.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Phantom Menace Graphic Novel Adaptation
- Star Wars Journeys: The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars Journeys: Beginnings
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 17 (Weapons & Uniforms: Sebulba and Rival Pilots)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Star Wars: Alien Archive
- Star Wars: The Galactic Explorer's Guide
- (Indirect mention only)