Marsupials were a subgroup of mammals whose members were born one at a time incompletely developed and were typically carried and nursed in a pouch on the mother's belly. Although reptomammals in fact had scaly skin yet but had fur instead for warmth, and gave birth to live young or laid their eggs and gave milk to feed their young, some of the species such as the wampas of Hoth could be considered marsupials in terms of their mating process, as their cubs were developed within their mothers' pouches for a period of roughly three months. Similarly, the reptilian Hutts were normally nourished in a brood pouch for the first fifty years of their life.
- Monsters and Aliens from George Lucas (First mentioned) (Non-canonical appearance)
- Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin, Second Edition
- Galaxy Guide 12: Aliens — Enemies and Allies
- Cynabar's Fantastic Technology: Droids
- The New Essential Guide to Alien Species