The Massacre of Myomar was an atrocity perpetrated by the Imperial Grand Admiral Ishin-Il-Raz. Sometime between 2 BBY and the Battle of Endor in 4 ABY, Il-Raz sought to earn favor from Galactic Emperor Palpatine through a series of military actions, which included the bombardment of Shalam and the attack against the inhabitants of the planet Myomar in the Expansion Region. Commanding the massacre from his Star Destroyer, the Emperor's Disciple, Il-Raz secured an Imperial victory on Myomar, along with extensive civilian casualties.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- "Who's Who: Imperial Grand Admirals"—Star Wars Insider 66 (First mentioned)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II ("Ishin-Il-Raz")
- The Essential Atlas (Indirect mention only)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- "Who's Who: Imperial Grand Admirals"—Star Wars Insider 66
- According to "Who's Who: Imperial Grand Admirals," the massacre occurred at some point after Ishin-Il-Raz received the rank of Grand Admiral two years before the Battle of Yavin, which corresponds to 2 BBY, according to The New Essential Chronology. Additionally, "Who's Who" placed the massacre prior to Palpatine's death, which The New Essential Chronology dates to 4 ABY.
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 118 ("Ishin-Il-Raz")
- The Essential Atlas
- Myomar system — Based on corresponding data for