- "These temples were built by the Massassi race thousands of years ago, and they’re still standing. Hard to believe."
- ―Leia Organa, to Luke Skywalker
The Massassi Site was a region of Yavin 4, a jungle moon of the gas giant Yavin, that housed a number of ancient monuments built by the vanished Massassi people, including the enormous Great Temple.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Massassi site made its debut in Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, the first chapter of the original trilogy, which was released in 1977. Its forests and temples were filmed in the Mayan ruins of the Tikal National Park in Guatemala.
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide (First identified as Massassi site)
- Art of Coloring: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Rogue One: Rebel Dossier
- Star Wars: Build Your Own R2-D2 1 (Droid Directory: R2-series Astromech Droids, Part 1) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Forces of Destiny: Meet the Heroes
- Forces of Destiny: Tales of Hope & Courage (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Rebel Starfighters Owners' Workshop Manual
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Directing"
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Legacy"
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Cast"