The Massassi Site was a region of Yavin 4, a jungle moon of the gas giant Yavin, that housed a number of ancient monuments built by the vanished Massassi people, including the enormous Great Temple.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Massassi site made its debut in Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, the first chapter of the original trilogy, which was released in 1977. Its forests and temples were filmed in the Mayan ruins of the Tikal National Park in Guatemala.
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide (First identified as Massassi site)
- Star Wars: Rogue One: Rebel Dossier
- Star Wars: Forces of Destiny: Meet the Heroes
- Forces of Destiny: Tales of Hope & Courage (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Rebel Starfighters Owners' Workshop Manual