Master of the Order, also called Master of the Council, was the title of the elected leader of the Jedi High Council. The holder of the office was appointed by the members of the High Council by unanimous vote. Jedi Masters Mace Windu and Yoda served as head of the Order, in turn, during the late era of the Galactic Republic. The office of Master of the Order was distinct from the title of Grand Master, who was the leader of the Jedi Order.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The Master of the Order title first appeared through Yoda and Mace Windu in the 1999 film Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace. It was first canonized in the 2015 reference book Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know. The title was originally introduced in the 2004 Star Wars Legends novel Yoda: Dark Rendezvous.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know (First identified as Master of the Order)
- Star Wars Super Graphic: A Visual Guide to a Galaxy Far, Far Away
- Star Wars: Forces of Destiny: Meet the Heroes
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Mace Windu [Master of Vaapad] (★★★★★) (link))
- Star Wars: Destiny – Empire at War (Card: ) (First identified as Master of the Council)
- Rise of the Separatists
- "A Seat on the Council"—Star Wars Insider 199