Master of the Order was the title of the elected leader of the Jedi Order. The holder of the office was appointed by the members of the Jedi High Council by unanimous vote. Jedi Masters Mace Windu and Yoda served as head of the Order, in turn, during the waning years of the Galactic Republic. The office of Master of the Order was distinct from the title of Grand Master, the holder of which chaired the High Council.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Master of the Order title first appeared through Yoda and Mace Windu in the 1999 film Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace. It was first canonized in the 2015 reference book Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know. The title was originally introduced in the 2004 Star Wars Legends novel Yoda: Dark Rendezvous.
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know (First identified as Master of the Order)
- Star Wars Super Graphic: A Visual Guide to a Galaxy Far, Far Away
- Star Wars: Forces of Destiny: Meet the Heroes
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Mace Windu [Master of Vaapad] (★★★★★) (link))