- "There hasn't been a mission Shadow Squadron couldn't complete."
"That's right. Minimal casualties, maximum effectiveness. That's us."
- ―Matchstick and Broadside
"Matchstick" was the nickname of a clone trooper who served in the Republic Navy as a pilot of Shadow Squadron under the call sign "Shadow Two" during the Clone Wars. Anakin Skywalker and Ahsoka Tano knew him by name. He was apparently on friendly terms with Broadside; just before they and the rest of Shadow Squadron flew to battle the Malevolence in order to protect the Kaliida Shoals Medical Center, he said "Broadside, if we make it through this one, drinks are on me." On the way there, Matchstick grazed a Neebray Manta on the Balmorra Run and damaged his fighter's left stabilizer, which gave out during the battle with the Malevolence, causing his ship to spin out of control and explode, killing him.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars film (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shadow of Malevolence" (First identified as Matchstick)
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars episodes "Supply Lines" and "Bombad Jedi" to 22 BBY. As the episode "Shadow of Malevolence" takes place between the two episodes according to , Matchstick's death must take place in that year.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shadow of Malevolence"