Matthew Mackendree Lanter (born April 1, 1983 in Massillon, Ohio),[source?] or simply Matt Lanter is an American actor provided the voice of Anakin Skywalker for Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels, and Star Wars: Forces of Destiny. He also portrayed Lant Davan in the Disney+ live-action TV series The Mandalorian. Born with an ancestry including Polish, English, Austrian, Scottish, and German, his mother and father are Jana Kay (Wincek) and Joseph Hayes Lanter, and he has a sister named Kara. At the age of eight, he moved to Atlanta, Georgia, where his father's family is from.[source?]
Growing up, Lanter played American football, golf and baseball, in the latter he held a position as a bat boy with the Atlanta Braves. He graduated from Collins Hill High School in 2001, his parents got divorced while he was a senior there. Lanter then attended a community college before majoring in Sports Business at the University of Georgia, but eventually moved to Los Angeles to pursue a career in acting.[source?]
Star Wars live-action work
Star Wars voice work
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rising Malevolence"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shadow of Malevolence"
- "Voice of the Force" – Star Wars Insider 110
- "Launchpad" – Star Wars Insider 165
- "Matt Lanter: The Animated Anakin" – Star Wars Insider 201
- "Star Wars: The Mandalorian Season One Companion" – Star Wars Insider 201