Matthew Wood has worked on all three films of the prequel trilogy as supervising sound editor and also did an uncredited acting portion in The Phantom Menace as Bib Fortuna and the voice of Ody Mandrell. In Attack of the Clones he played Seboca and Magaloof.
As a voice actor, he is best known for his role as General Grievous in the film Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith, the film's video game, the General Grievous Halloween audiocast, the video game Star Wars: Battlefront II and the Star Wars: The Clone Wars televison series. He also plays battle droids, Wat Tambor, HELIOS-3D, Senate Guards, Commando droid and Poggle the Lesser in the series.
Lucasfilm announced on October 24, 2013 that Wood would serve as supervising sound editor on the 2015 film Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Wood received an Oscar nomination for his work. Matthew Wood served as the voice of the B1 battle droid Roger, one of the protagonists of the 2016 Disney XD television series LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures. Wood also provided additional voices of death troopers and voice of Pao in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. Wood, along with Ren Klyce, served as a sound editor for Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi, receiving another Oscar nomination.
Star Wars filmographyEdit
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi
- Solo: A Star Wars Story
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace - (Bib Fortuna, Ody Mandrell)
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones - (Seboca, Magaloof)
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (2004 DVD release) - (Rejoicing "Weesa Free!" Gungan)
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith - (General Grievous)
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (video game) - (General Grievous, voices of battle droids)
- General Grievous Halloween audiocast - (General Grievous)
- Star Wars: Battlefront II - (General Grievous)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars (TV series) - (General Grievous, Wat Tambor, Senate Guards, Commando droid, Poggle the Lesser, battle droids)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes - (General Grievous (Nintendo version), voices of battle droids)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duels - (General Grievous, voices of battle droids)
- Star Wars Rebels
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens - (First Order stormtrooper superior in Tuanul village ("Keep moving! Stay here!"), Niima Outpost scavenger who tells Finn "no water," voice of one of Unkar Plutt's thugs ("Mona Keeyana Droid Du Unkar Plutt"), Stormtrooper at Niima ("Call in the airstrike"), Guavian Death Gang formation vocals and screams, Quiggold, stormtrooper on Takodana who fires on Rey ("Blast 'em!"), stormtrooper that informs Kylo Ren ("We need more troops"), Ello Asty)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures - (R0-GR)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - (Additional Voices)
- Star Wars Battlefront II - (Battle droids, Kylo Ren (masked))
- Star Wars: Forces of Destiny - (IG-88)
- Star Wars Resistance - (Security Droid #1, Security Droid #2, Ello Asty)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Wood, Matthew (January 25, 2016). From "Blast That X-Wing" to "Traitor": The Voices of Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Retrieved on January 25, 2016.
- ↑ http://forums.starwars.com/thread.jspa?threadID=234624&start=30
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2
- ↑ Battlefront. SamWitwer (June 10, 2017). Retrieved on June 11, 2017. "Minute 8:20"