- "The fleet won't be modern, but it will be deadly."
- ―Natasi Daala
History[edit | edit source]
It was named after the Maw Installation, where Daala had been residing on behalf of Grand Moff Tarkin. Daala amassed the fleet while in years of seclusion behind the Maw after her escape in the Scylla following the Black Fleet Crisis.
The fleet was mainly composed of outdated ships, but equipped with unorthodox deadly weapons including Metal-Crystal Phase Shifters. It fought at the Second Battle of Fondor in 41 ABY, where it turned the tide of the battle against Jacen Solo's favor. After the battle, the fleet gained the Star Destroyer Bloodfin, the flagship of the late Gilad Pellaeon. Daala and the Maw Irregular Fleet joined the Jedi Coalition soon after. The fleet was present at the Second Battle of Roche later that year.
After the end of the Second Galactic Civil War, Natasi Daala became the Chief of State of the Galactic Federation of Free Alliances the fleet was hidden from public view until it was needed but due to the expensive cost of the Metal-Crystal Phase Shifters they were removed from all vessels. In 44 ABY, the time came for the fleet to be in use again when Daala was arrested after a successful coup creating the first Triumvirate of the Galactic Alliance. After freed by the bounty hunter Boba Fett, Daala reactivated the fleet and brought it to the Exodo system, where it rendezvoused with a supplement of Imperial Remnant starships from Moffs that she had blackmailed or thought that she should take control of the Remnant out from Head of State Jagged Fel, but due to Moff Tol Getelles secret loyalty to Fel, the fleet along with the Remnant supplement where ambushed in the system. Jagged Fel massed a fleet composing of several loyal Imperial Remnant ships as well as the Vanguard of the Empire of the Hand, believed by the greater galaxy to have been disbanded or destroyed in the aftermath of the Yuuzhan Vong War. The Battle over Exodo II ensued with both sides taking heavy ship losses, but the usurpers were able to destroy the Gilad Pellaeon, trying to kill Jagged Fel as the vessel served as his command ship. It failed as the Imperial Head of State was able to be transferred over to the Bloodfin, once more holding the Head of State of the Imperial Remnant safely aboard.
Composition[edit | edit source]
- "You know what we girls are like. We just can't throw anything away in case it comes back into fashion years later."
- ―Natasi Daala, to Darth Caedus
The fleet's complement was:
- Imperial II-class Star Destroyer Chimaera (Flagship)
- 1 Acclamator-class assault ship
- 1 Venator-class Star Destroyer
- 1 Victory-class Star Destroyer
- 2 Republic-class cruisers
- Scimitar-class frigates
- 2 Crusader-class corvettes
- Assassin-class corvettes
- TIE/LN starfighters
- Various starfighter models from multiple eras
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Legacy of the Force: Revelation (First appearance)
- Legacy of the Force: Invincible
- Fate of the Jedi: Abyss (Mentioned only)
- Fate of the Jedi: Ascension
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 9
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Fate of the Jedi: Dramatis Personae (Indirect mention only)
- The Essential Atlas
- "10 Key Battles"—Star Wars Insider 133