- "Some nights when the lights are down in the palace and his scum buddies are snoozing, Jabba pulls out a bottle of his really prime gardulla, kicks Rebo awake, orders him to play something low and sad, and invites me to have a few."
- ―Boba Fett
Max Rebo was a male Ortolan from Orto and a popular musician who led the Max Rebo Band. He mainly played the red ball jett organ, which he played with his feet; he and his band often performed for criminals and otherwise sleazy clientele.
- "We're doomed! Jabba will surely throw us to the sarlacc when he finds my brother has been stealing on his turf!"
- ―Max Rebo to Azool Phantelle
Rebo's brother Azool Phantelle at some point swindled several of the inhabitants of the spaceport Mos Eisley on the planet Tatooine, the victims mistook Rebo for Azool and began chasing the musician. Rebo then collided with two Imperial stormtroopers while fleeing toward Chalmun's Cantina. Before the troopers could punish him for the collision, Azool spotted Rebo while passing on a speeder bike and pulled his brother out of harm's way and onto the bike.
As the pair sped away from the angry stormtroopers and locals, Rebo admonished Azool for his life of crime and fretted that the Hutt crime lord Jabba Desilijic Tiure, who employed Rebo, would punish both brothers for Azool's crimes, as they had taken place within the crime lord's territory. Unconcerned, Azool avoided a missile fired by one of their pursuers, after which Rebo stopped the chase by grabbing Azool's bag of stolen funds and throwing the contents out to those chasing them. Rebo and Azool then got out of the speeder, with Azool saddened when he watched his funds being taken away by the pursuers. Jabba the Hutt then came to both of them, asking Rebo what had occurred; when Rebo gave the excuse that Azool had been causing trouble on Jabba's territory, Azool denied it by saying that he did not know that it was Jabba's territory. As a result, Jabba then punished Azool by forcing him to be a waiter on the Khetanna.
Performing for JabbaEdit
During 4 ABY, Rebo and his band performed for Jabba. Later while performing Jabba interrupted the band by dropping his slave dancer Oola into the rancor pit below his throne room, where she was devoured. The band then witnessed Leia Organa enter the palace disguised as the bounty hunter Boushh and claim the bounty on the Wookiee Chewbacca. When Organa later freed the smuggler Han Solo from carbonite, several members of the band were present with Jabba in hiding. Max Rebo, then traveled on board Jabba's sail barge to the Great Pit of Carkoon.
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "The Mines of Graballa" (Appears in hologram)
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Gambit on Geonosis" (Appears in flashback(s))
- LEGO Star Wars: All-Stars – "Rolling with BB-8/Resistance on the Run" (Appears on billboard holofeed only)
- (First identified as Max Rebo)
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Princess Leia: Royal Rebel
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Alien Archive
- Star Wars: Women of the Galaxy
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: New Edition