- "Hit it, Max."
- ―Garsa Fwip cues Rebo
Max Rebo was a male Ortolan from Orto and a popular Jizz-wailer musician who led the Max Rebo Band. He mainly played the red ball jett organ, which he played with his feet; he and his band often performed for criminals and gangsters.
Max Rebo was born on the cold planet of Orto. At some point Rebo formed a band, called the Max Rebo Band, which would go on to perform Jizz-style music for crime lord Jabba the Hutt. Rebo also had a brother named Azool Phantelle.
- "We're doomed! Jabba will surely throw us to the sarlacc when he finds my brother has been stealing on his turf!"
- ―Max Rebo, to Azool Phantelle
At some point, Azool swindled several of the inhabitants of the spaceport Mos Eisley on the planet Tatooine. The victims mistook Rebo for Azool and began chasing the musician. Rebo then collided with two Imperial stormtroopers while fleeing toward Chalmun's Spaceport Cantina. Before the troopers could punish him for the collision, Azool spotted Rebo while passing on a speeder bike and pulled his brother out of harm's way and onto the bike.
As the pair sped away from the angry stormtroopers and locals, Rebo admonished Azool for his life of crime. He fretted that Jabba the Hutt, who employed Rebo, would punish both brothers for Azool's crimes, as they had taken place within the crime lord's territory. Unconcerned, Azool avoided a missile fired by Boushh, but then Rebo stopped the chase by grabbing Azool's bag of stolen funds and throwing the contents out to those chasing them. Rebo and Azool then got out of the speeder, with Azool saddened when he watched his funds being taken away by the pursuers. Jabba the Hutt then came to both of them, asking Rebo what had occurred; when Rebo gave the excuse that Azool had been causing trouble on Jabba's territory, and Azool claimed he had not known that it was Jabba's territory. As a result, Jabba punished Azool by forcing him to be a waiter on the Khetanna.
Performing for Jabba
In 4 ABY, Rebo and his band performed for Jabba. While performing, they were interrupted by the scream of Jabba's slave dancer Oola as she was dropped into the Hutt's rancor pit below his throne room for defying him which interrupted the band's performance. Later, the band was present when Leia Organa entered the palace disguised as the bounty hunter Boushh. At night, several members of the band accompanied Jabba into hiding as Organa freed the smuggler Han Solo from carbonite.
Max Rebo then traveled aboard Jabba's sail barge, the Khetanna, to the Great Pit of Carkoon, where Solo was to be executed. The Khetanna was destroyed by Solo and his associates, however, causing the sail barge to explode in flame all over the desert. Rebo was able to survive the destruction.
New Republic, new gig
By 9 ABY, the Ortolan came to work in the Sanctuary, the cantina operated by the Twi'lek Garsa Fwip during the New Republic Era. At the sanctuary, he continued to play the red ball jett organ, and he was present when the cantina was visited by the former bounty hunter and new Daimyo of Mos Espa Boba Fett on multiple occasions. Rebo was joined by a guitar-strumming Bith and a drum-playing droid. The Pyke Syndicate later bombed the Sanctuary.
Behind the scenes
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "The Mines of Graballa" (Appears in hologram)
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Gambit on Geonosis" (In flashback(s))
- LEGO Star Wars: All-Stars – "Rolling with BB-8/Resistance on the Run" (Appears on billboard holofeed only)
- The LEGO Star Wars Holiday Special
- Maggie Simpson in "The Force Awakens From Its Nap"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
Notes and references
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- The Book of Boba Fett – "Chapter 1: Stranger in a Strange Land"
- The Book of Boba Fett – "Chapter 4: The Gathering Storm"
- Star Wars: Alien Archive
- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi
- " "Tales from Wild Space: The Blue Brothers"—Star Wars Adventures (2017) 13
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- The attack on Jabba's Palace, depicted in "Chapter 16: The Rescue," is dated to be around nine years after the events of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, which include the Battle of Yavin, by "Jabba the Hutt and Other Bounty Hunters and Criminals". As the present-time events of The Book of Boba Fett occur shortly after the attack, The Book of Boba Fett must take place around 9 ABY. Additionally, "A Certain Point of View" – Star Wars Insider 211 states that the Assassination attempt on Boba Fett and Boba Fett's hiring of Krrsantan, which appear in "Chapter 3: The Streets of Mos Espa" and "Chapter 4: The Gathering Storm" respectively, both take place nine years after A New Hope, which means at least two episodes take place exactly in 9 ABY.
- The Book of Boba Fett – "Chapter 2: The Tribes of Tatooine"
- The Book of Boba Fett – "Chapter 6: From the Desert Comes a Stranger"