- "There's also something called a medkit that works just fine, better really, but it's bulky."
- ―Platt Okeefe
A medkit was a larger version of a medpac. These could often be used up to ten times before needing to be restocked with supplies. The compact packages were designed to provide a trained medic with the tools necessary for field care, yet also allowed untrained users to provide emergency care.
Medkits contained diagnostic instruments that could be used to detect both injuries and diseases. The scanner/computer unit was placed directly on the patient and automatically gave simple directions for care and treatment of injuries, unless the user keyed in a specific sequence to indicate their advanced medical training. The medical computer was not without limits however. Because of their simple design and focus on user-friendliness, the units were usually programmable for diagnosing only one species at a time. Additionally, the kits usually included a hypospray with several medical vials, a spray splint and bandage, a sonic scalpel, laser cauterizer, bone stabilizer compound, and a basic sample analyzer with a few sample vials.
- Death Star Technical Companion (As "medical kit")
- "Smuggler's Log"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 4
- Galladinium's Fantastic Technology (As "med kit," "medical kit")
- Death Star Technical Companion, Second Edition
- Heroes & Rogues
- Tales of the Jedi Companion
- Live-Action Adventures
- Gundark's Fantastic Technology: Personal Gear
- Arms & Equipment Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia