- "Today I caught her in a heated argument with my Padawan! Her Master refuses to properly discipline… (static) …I want to know what action you intend!"
- ―Vrook Lamar, to Vandar Tokare, in a conversation recorded by a protocol droid regarding an argument between Meetra Surik and Lamar's Padawan
A Jedi who was a member of the Jedi Order in the time period prior to the Mandalorian Wars. That Jedi was the Master of the Jedi Knight Meetra Surik and trained her on the planet Dantooine, where a Jedi Enclave was located. The Master refused to take any action when Surik argued with Jedi Master Vrook Lamar's Padawan. Surik eventually left the Master's tutelage and rebelled against the Jedi Council by participating in the Mandalorian Wars, which was the Galactic Republic's conflict with the Mandalorian Neo-Crusaders.
Biography[edit | edit source]
Argument with Meetra Surik[edit | edit source]
A Jedi lived around the time of the Mandalorian Wars and trained Meetra Surik as a Padawan on the planet Dantooine, which was the location of a Jedi Enclave. After Surik had been in a heated argument with Jedi Master Vrook Lamar's Padawan, Lamar came to Surik's Master and asked that she be disciplined for her actions. The Master refused, forcing Lamar to seek out Master Vandar Tokare to discipline Surik, who also refused, citing that the matter was not Lamar's concern. Surik eventually left her Master's tutelage and rebelled against the Jedi High Council by joining the Jedi Knights Revan and Malak's faction of Jedi in the Mandalorian Wars, a galaxy-spanning conflict between the Galactic Republic and the Mandalorian Neo-Crusaders.
Legacy[edit | edit source]
During the Dark Wars in 3951 BBY, Surik—who was attempting to track down and reunite the Jedi Masters who had survived the Sith Triumvirate's campaign against the remnants of the Jedi Order—located and repaired a battered protocol droid near the Khoonda outpost on Dantooine after disembarking her starship Ebon Hawk. The droid replayed a holorecording of a discussion between Jedi Masters Lamar and Vandar Tokare regarding the argument between the former's Padawan and Surik and the lack of disciplinary action from Surik's Master.
Personality and traits[edit | edit source]
Surik's Master did not feel that the argument between Lamar's Padawan and Surik was notable enough for disciplinary action, despite Lamar's objections to Surik's Master.
Powers and abilities[edit | edit source]
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The Jedi was first mentioned in the 2004 Xbox and PC video game Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords, developed by Obsidian Entertainment. If the player character, known in-game as the Exile, repaired a battered protocol droid outside of Khoonda on the planet Dantooine, the droid showed a holorecording of a conversation between Vrook Lamar and Vandar Tokare regarding the protagonist. During this dialogue, the character's Jedi Master is mentioned. The Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide stated that the Exile had several informal masters before the Mandalorian Wars, including Kavar and Vima Sunrider. The novel The Old Republic: Revan confirmed the name of the Jedi Master's Padawan, the protagonist of The Sith Lords, as Meetra Surik.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords (First mentioned)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- In Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords, when Surik fixes the battered protocol droid on Dantooine after disembarking the Ebon Hawk, it reveals a holovid of Masters Vandar Tokare and Vrook Lamar, in which Lamar mentions Surik's Master.
- The character of the Jedi Exile, the protagonist of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords, was later confirmed to have been known as Meetra Surik in the novel The Old Republic: Revan.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide