- "You've been working on that thing for years."
"It's never gonna run."
- ―Amee and Melee, referring to Anakin Skywalker's podracer
Melee was a human female who was born on the planet Tatooine. As a young girl, she followed the slave Anakin Skywalker around, and in 32 BBY, she and several other children visited Skywalker in Slave Quarters Row in the spaceport of Mos Espa. He was working on his podracer in a courtyard and announced that he was taking part in the Boonta Eve Classic podrace the next day.
Melee was dubious that Skywalker's podracer would even run, and the other children present expressed similar doubts. The boy Seek then suggested that they go and play a ball game, and Melee left with him, Wald, and Amee, leaving only Kitster Banai behind with Skywalker. The latter ultimately won the race and left Tatooine. Melee had brown hair, light skin, and dark eyes. She wore a dark red dress when meeting Skywalker.
Behind the scenes
Melee was portrayed by Megan Udall in the 1999 prequel trilogy film, Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace. Her name was not stated in the film but was given in the credits. Udall is the daughter of Jeanie Udall, the unit nurse for the film. In the film's script, Melee is not mentioned and Amee says her line instead. The scene in which Melee appears was filmed in Tunisia.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z (French version only)
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace, which include Melee's appearance, to 32 BBY.
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: Episode I Insider's Guide