Melee weapons were weapons designed for close- to medium-ranged combat. Such weapons included clubs like the gaderffii used by the Tusken Raiders of Tatooine, swords, and vibro-axes. In the sparring gym of his flagship, the Imperial I-class Star Destroyer Chimaera, Grand Admiral Thrawn kept a number of melee weapons, which he used against DT-series sentry droids to train his fighting skills.
By the time of the cold war, people usually preferred to fight from long range, using rifles and blasters. As a consequence, physicians were not used to treating wounds inflicted by melee weapons such as lightsabers.
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as Melee weapon)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Forces of Destiny: Meet the Heroes
- Forces of Destiny: Tales of Hope & Courage
- Star Wars: Scum and Villainy: Case Files on the Galaxy's Most Notorious
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia, New Edition
- (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Galactic Guide
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Cast"
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Technology"
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Practical"
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Process"
Notes and referencesEdit
- Melee weapon on Wikipedia