- "Mendicat was a scrap mining and recycling station. Because of his error in programming the orbital computers, the station went off course and fell into the sun."
- ―Crix Madine, on Sulamar
Mendicat was a scrap mining and recycling space station that orbited a star within a Wild Space system. The station was located outside the borders of space controlled by the New Republic by 12 ABY. By that date, the Human male Sulamar served aboard the station. When he made an error in programming Mendicat's orbital computers, the space station diverted from its previous course and, as a result, fell into the star it was orbiting.
Barely escaping the station's destruction, Sulamar later reinvented himself as a decorated Imperial general. He often claimed to have led Imperial stormtroopers to victory in what he termed the "Massacre of Mendicat." In 12 ABY, the New Republic military officer Crix Madine revealed the truth regarding Mendicat's fate to the Hutt crime lord Durga Besadii Tai, with whom Sulamar was working at the time.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Darksaber (First mentioned)
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Third Edition, Revised and Expanded
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 star system containing Mendicat — Based on corresponding data for the
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 Darksaber
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 The Essential Reader's Companion dates the events of Darksaber, which include the mention of the already-destroyed Mendicat, to 12 ABY.
- ↑ The Essential Guide to Warfare
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 306 ("Mendicat")