- "You think I look like that idiot drinking Merenzane Gold?"
"He can afford to drink Merenzane Gold?"
"Must be nice, right?"
- ―A patron at Maz Kanata's castle and Han Solo discussing Ralsius Paldora
Merenzane Gold was an alcoholic beverage that was amber in color. In 22 BBY, Trandoshan ale was being served at the Outlander Club on the planet Coruscant and was kept in a tall tube on the counter behind the club's central bar. It could be bought at Chalmun's Cantina in Mos Eisley, Tatooine.
Whilst at the castle of Maz Kanata on the planet Takodana, the Imperial defector Ralsius Paldora drank Merenzane Gold. Han Solo, who was looking for Paldora in regards to information he was after, expressed amazement at the fact that he could afford to drink it. It could be mixed with Zabrak ferment, flavored with lachrymead then garnished with a vaporator mushroom to make a drink called Cassandra Sunrise, which was served at Chalmun's Cantina.
- Star Wars: Complete Locations (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: Smuggler's Guide
- Star Wars: How Not to Get Eaten by Ewoks and Other Galactic Survival Skills
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Star Wars: How Not to Get Eaten by Ewoks and Other Galactic Survival Skills
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Star Wars Battlefront II
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 Star Wars: Complete Locations
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones, which includes the appearance of Trandoshan ale, to 22 BBY.
- ↑ Star Wars: Smuggler's Guide