- "Done. Set the timer for thirty minutes. Enough time to get down there. Not so much that they'll find the device."
- ―Brand, reporting her successful application of the microdetonator
Microdetonators were detonators that were used as a low profile explosives. They were an indiscreet way of triggering small, targeted explosions, and were equipped with a timer to add to their effectiveness. One such microdetonator was used by the former bounty hunter Brand, by then a soldier of the Rebel Alliance's 61st Mobile Infantry, to destroy a chemical barrel inside the Galactic Empire's Distillery on the Mid Rim jungle planet Coyerti in 3 ABY. This caused a significant distraction, redirecting the attention of Imperial personnel inside to a potential saboteur and the chemical leak. After the detonation, Brand's squad was able to destroy the facility.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Battlefront: Twilight Company (First appearance, simultaneous with Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook)
- Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook (First appearance, simultaneous with Battlefront: Twilight Company)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Battlefront: Twilight Company
- ↑ The section of Battlefront: Twilight Company where the Coyerti campaign takes place is set twenty-two years after the Clone Wars, which ended in 19 BBY, according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. The Coyerti campaign, as well as the microdetonator's use, must have therefore occurred in 3 ABY.