- "How close are you going to jump in next to Grievous' ship?"
"Hm, pretty close."
- ―Adi Gallia and Anakin Skywalker
A microjump was a tactical jump into hyperspace conducted over a short distance. During the Battle of Saleucami, the Jedi Generals Anakin Skywalker and Adi Gallia used a microjump to emerge from hyperspace a short distance from Grievous's warship. In 14 BBY, Moff Wilhuff Tarkin ordered the Venator-class Star Destroyer Electrum to conduct a microjump to the rimward edge of Sentinel Base's system. This enabled the Electrum to ambush a group of insurgents led by Berch Teller. A microjump had limitations too; traversal over too short of a distance could cause a ship to overshoot its destination, possibly ending up thousands of kilometers away.
In-system jumps were a type of microjump.
Behind the scenes
A microjump first appeared in the Legends comic The Clone Wars: Shipyards of Doom,which was published on September 24, 2008.A microjump first appeared in Canon in the episode "Grievous Intrigue," the ninth episode of the second season of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series,which was released on January 1, 2010.
In the script of the episode "Destroy Malevolence," the fourth episode of the first season of The Clone Wars, the Jedi General Anakin Skywalker's original plan to board the Malevolence, the flagship of the Separatist General Grievous, involved a foolhardy microjump that would have deposited the Twilight centimeters away from the ship's hull.
- The High Republic: Light of the Jedi
- The High Republic: Light of the Jedi audiobook
- "Starlight: Go Together: Part Two"—Star Wars Insider 200 (In flashback(s))
- The High Republic: Eye of the Storm 1 (In flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Grievous Intrigue" (First appearance)
- Thrawn Ascendancy: Chaos Rising
- Thrawn Ascendancy: Chaos Rising audiobook
- Thrawn Ascendancy: Greater Good
- Thrawn Ascendancy: Greater Good audiobook
- Thrawn Ascendancy: Lesser Evil (Mentioned only)
- Tarkin (First identified as Microjump)
- Tarkin audiobook (First identified as Microjump)
- Thrawn: Alliances
- Thrawn: Alliances audiobook
- Thrawn: Treason
- Thrawn: Treason audiobook