- "The challenge for an artist working on a Star Wars story is the attention to detail. You have to really be knowledgeable about tiny details in order for Lucasfilm, or even the fanbase, to sign off on what you are doing."
- ―Mike Mayhew
Besides Star Wars, Mayhew has worked on Harris Publications' Vampirella, and on several Marvel and DC Comics titles, including Avengers and Justice League. His studio is located in Glendale, California.
Mayhew has also penciled the fifteenth and twentieth issues of Marvel Comics' 2015 Star Wars series, as well as the one-shot Star Wars: The Last Jedi – The Storms of Crait 1. He has drawn the cover for the hardcover editions of the prequel trilogy's comic adaptations, the second issue of the The Force Awakens miniseries, and Star Wars issues 33–37 and Annual 2.
Mayhew has provided a variant cover for Star Wars (2015) 1, which is based on Rob Liefeld's cover for The New Mutants #98, as well as for the first and third issues of Star Wars: Lando. Moreover, he has drawn the Yesteryear Comics variant to the first issue of Marvel's miniseries Star Wars: Shattered Empire, and the Wizard/ComicConBox variant to the first issue of the Vader Down crossover event.
Star Wars published works
- Star Wars (2015) 15
- Star Wars (2015) 20
- Star Wars Annual (2015) 2
- The Force Awakens Adaptation 2
- Star Wars (2015) 33
- Star Wars (2015) 34
- Star Wars (2015) 35
- Star Wars (2015) 36
- Star Wars (2015) 37
- The Star Wars 1
- The Star Wars 2
- The Star Wars 3
- The Star Wars 4
- The Star Wars 5
- The Star Wars 6
- The Star Wars 7
- The Star Wars 8
- Star Wars 15: From the Journals of Old Ben Kenobi
- Star Wars 20: From the Journals of Old Ben Kenobi
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi – The Storms of Crait 1
- "The Star Wars"—Star Wars Insider 144
- "My Star Wars"—Star Wars Insider 145
- "Blaster"—Star Wars Insider 147
- "Blaster"—Star Wars Insider 150
- "Blaster"—Star Wars Insider 151
- "Blaster"—Star Wars Insider 164
- "Blaster"—Star Wars Insider 166