Military History Monthly was a magazine in circulation during the Clone Wars, fought between the Galactic Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems. The magazine was devoted to military history and featured articles covering both sides of the war.
In 19 BBY, during the Battle of Anaxes and the mission to Skako Minor, the cover of an issue of Military History Monthly was inside the Havoc Marauder, the starship of the Republic's Clone Force 99 clone troopers. Written in Aurebesh, the cover showcased an image of a special ops clone trooper's helmet. It featured the article "Geonosis: The Last Battle" and promoted the articles "Assassins of the Republic: Who Were They," "Battlefield Beasts: The Largest Machines of War," and "The Malevolence: Technical Weaknesses."
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The cover of an issue of Military History Monthly was first depicted in "The Bad Batch," which aired on February 21, 2020 as the first episode of the animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars's seventh season. The poster for that issue was created by Kilian Plunkett on February 9, 2018. In the StarWars.com Episode Guide that accompanied "The Bad Batch," Military History Monthly was misidentified as "History Monthly."
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Bad Batch" (First appearance) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Distant Echo" (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Unfinished Business" (Picture only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- (Picture only)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- (Slide 8)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Bad Batch"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars episode "The Bad Batch" after the episode "Voices," the events of which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 19 BBY. Since Galactic Atlas also dates the end of the Clone Wars to that same year, the events of "The Bad Batch," which include the appearance of the Havoc Marauder, must take place in 19 BBY. places the
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Distant Echo"
- (Slide 6)
- (Slide 6)