- "Have you tried the blue milk yet?"
- ―A Milk Stand vendor
The Milk Stand was a quirky merchant stall located on the Outer Rim planet of Batuu. Found along Merchant Row of Black Spire Outpost, the Milk Stand offered thirsty visitors a selection of either green or blue milk, served frozen in either a disposable plastoid cup or an illuminated novelty bottle, the latter decorated with depictions of banthas and thala-sirens. The stand's blue milk was sourced from free-range banthas that were raised locally, a choice that originated from the Milk Stand's desire to support local businesses. The green thala-siren milk, however, had to be imported, as the sirens were not native to Batuu.
The stand's decision to serve their products as frosted confections set it apart from the nearby cantina owned by Oga Garra, who preferred to serve their patrons chilled blue milk. Over time, the refreshing drinks on offer from the Milk Stand became a favorite of the locals who lived at Black Spire Outpost, as well as a treat for visiting travelers.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Milk Stand was first introduced to Star Wars canon as part of the Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge attraction at Disneyland Park and Disney's Hollywood Studios Park. There, the Milk Stand operates as a real beverage stall, where visitors to the park can purchase a glass of two semi-frozen, plant-based juices they have on offer, each derived from—among other ingredients—a blend of coconut and rice milks. While the park's canonical backstory elements state that the stand's milk was harvested from nearby bantha farms, there are no actual farm-based attractions in the park.
- Star Wars Adventures: Flight of the Falcon (First appearance)
- Galaxy's Edge 3
- Galaxy's Edge 5
- A Crash of Fate (Mentioned only)
- A Crash of Fate audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge – Milk Stand
- Star Wars: Datapad
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Star Wars Galaxy's Edge: Traveler's Guide to Batuu
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Milk Stand page at official Disneyland website
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge – Milk Stand
- ↑ Johnson, Zach (February 27, 2018). Everything You Need to Know About Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. D23. Archived from the original on February 27, 2019. Retrieved on February 28, 2019.