- "Weary travelers and hard-working locals alike will find the refreshments at Bubo Wamba’s Milk Stand the perfect pick-me-up on any day. You can’t go wrong with both the locally farmed bantha milk and the imported green milk."
- ―Traveler's Guide to Batuu
The Milk Stand was a small but popular merchant stall located on Merchant Row in Black Spire Outpost on the planet of Batuu. The stall was set up by Bubo Wamba of Bubo Wamba Family Farms after he was sent by his family from the planet Tatooine to run a bantha farm on Batuu. The stall served blue milk sourced from Wamba's farm and green milk imported from Ahch-To.
- "He's saying are you thirsty for a cold, refreshing drink? Head over to the Milk Stand an get a Wampa, no… Get a fresh blue or green milk. No one… what? I'm not saying… Bubo Wamba Family Farms. Limited one milk per person. How do you listen to yourself?"
- ―A friend of Bubo Wamba translates for him during an advert for the Milk Stand
The Milk Stand was a small and quirky stall with a make-shift look that was located in an underappreciated corner of Merchant Row in Black Spire Outpost on the planet Batuu. It sat opposite the First Order Cargo area just down the street from Oga's Cantina. The stall consisted of a single counter with three points of exchange for staff to work at. Behind the counter, a cooling tank kept the drinks available at their ideal temperatures for ease of serving.
A colorful tarp covered the counter and was held up by two metal posts making up the front of the stall, with a series of blue and green milk vessels hanging beneath the awning above the counter. A series of metal dividers made up a queuing space between the two posts that led customers to the counter, with further milk containers stood on either side of the space. A large milking machine was also located in front of the stall.
The stall specialized in dairy beverages, and served frosted blue milk and green milk, which could be purchased in either a semi-transparent cup in order to show off the distinctive color, or in a Bubo Wamba Family Farms Novelty Drink Vessel. The beverage known as a Toydaria Swirl, as well as bottled Dasani water, were also available from the stall. While Bubo Wamba Family Farms had the monopoly on blue milk in Black Spire Outpost, the Milk Stand also received blue milk from the Saka Homestead, while the green milk sold at the stand was imported from the planet Ahch-To where it was produced by the native thala-sirens.
- "Thirsty for a cold, refreshing drink? Head over to the Milk Stand and get a fresh blue or green milk. No one does milk like Bubo Wamba Family Farms."
- ―An advert for Bubo Wamba Family Farms
A few years before the First Order occupation of Batuu in 34 ABY, Bubo Wamba Family Farms expanded from its modest base of operations on the desert planet Tatooine to set up a bantha farm near Black Spire Outpost. Bubo Wamba, a young fourth generation dairy farmer, was sent by his parents to run the farm, and soon after his arrival on Batuu set up the Milk Stand in the market in order to sell the blue milk from the farm, along with imported green milk.
Wamba had to spend much of his time on the farm tending to his banthas, but took every opportunity he could to meet new people and preferred spending time in the busy marketplace to his lonely homestead. He commuted in from the farm each day on his landspeeder, which he left parked at Black Spire Station elsewhere in the outpost. He employed various Batuu natives to help run the stand, who eagerly shared the available beverages with other locals and passing travelers.
During the First Order's occupation of Batuu, a group of First Order stormtroopers later chased the Clawdite criminal Remex Io through Merchant Row, causing him to rush through the Milk Stand in front of the queued customers. The stall's staff and customers dodged back out of the way of the Clawite, with one Zeltron patron calling out angrily after the criminal. The stormtroopers then opened fire at Io, missing their target but hitting the Zeltron in the chest. In 34 ABY, the local farmer Julen Rakab considered investing in the Milk Stand after running out of milk at his home, but quickly rejected the idea due to how bad banthas smelt.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Milk Stand was first introduced to Star Wars canon as part of the Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge attraction at Disneyland Park and Disney's Hollywood Studios Park. There, the Milk Stand operates as a real beverage stall, where visitors to the park can purchase a glass of two semi-frozen, plant-based juices they have on offer, each derived from—among other ingredients—a blend of coconut and rice milks. While the park's canonical backstory elements state that the stand's milk was harvested from nearby bantha farms, there are no actual farm-based attractions in the park.
- Star Wars Adventures: Flight of the Falcon (First appearance)
- Galaxy's Edge 3
- Galaxy's Edge 5
- A Crash of Fate (Mentioned only)
- A Crash of Fate audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge—Merchant Row
- Star Wars: Datapad
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook
- Star Wars Galaxy's Edge: Traveler's Guide to Batuu
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars Galaxy's Edge: Traveler's Guide to Batuu
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Star Wars Galaxy's Edge: Traveler's Guide to Batuu
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Milk Stand has official backstory elements that, while not directly published for the public, are officially canon details that can be obtained verbally from cast members working in the stand.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge—Milk Stand
- ↑ Galaxy's Edge 3
- ↑ A Crash of Fate