- "I do not think that is one of our small friends from before."
"Milodon. Never before have I so hated to be right."
- ―Kit Fisto and a milodon
Milodons were non-sentient, centipede-like insects native to the caves of the planet Quarzite, where they were used as mounts by the indigenous Kage. They could also be found on Hissrich, where one attacked Jedi Masters Kit Fisto and Prosset Dibs during the Clone Wars. Later, the Kage Warriors used milodons during their rescue of Pluma Sodi.
Biology and appearanceEdit
- "I'd ask you to save some beast for me…but there seems plenty to go around."
- ―Kit Fisto, to Prosset Dibs as they defend themselves from a milodon
Large, swift-footed centipede-like non-sentient insects, milodons had a pair of glowing eyes on either side of their heads. Carnivorous creatures, they had 24 legs that moved at high speeds and could keep pace with subtrams, in addition to four sharp mandibles with pincers, as well as feelers.
Milodons in the galaxyEdit
- "This creature must not have expacted such well-armed prey. It will have to work much harder for its dinner."
"I fear for the indigenous people who seem less equipped to defend themselves than us."
- ―Kit Fisto and Prosset Dibs
Native to the deep crystal caves of the planet Quarzite, milodons were ridden by the indigenous Kage, who used them to carry people and goods over long distances. They also inhabited caves on Hissrich, where one attacked Jedi Masters Kit Fisto and Prosset Dibs early in the Clone Wars, though the pair managed to drive it off with their lightsabers. In the year 20 BBY, the Kage Warriors used several of these scampering creatures to catch and board a racing subtram to rescue captive warrior Pluma Sodi, the sister of Kage Warrior leader Krismo Sodi.
Behind the scenesEdit
Milodons first appeared, albeit unidentified, in "Bounty," the twentieth episode of the canon animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars' fourth season, which originally aired on March 2, 2012. They were later identified in the episode guide for "Bounty" available on StarWars.com.
- (First identified as milodon)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars The Complete Season Four
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bounty"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 Jedi of the Republic – Mace Windu, Part III
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 5.6 Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 (Slide 7)
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates both "Massacre" and "Brothers" to 20 BBY. Since places "Bounty" between those two episodes, it can be concluded that "Bounty" also takes place in 20 BBY.
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Episode Guide