- "Hey, Beckett! You said we were here to pull a quick job!"
"Well, this ain't a quick job, it's a war!"
- ―Rio Durant and Tobias Beckett during a firefight with the Mimbanese
The Mimban campaign, also known as the battle on Mimban, was an Imperial military operation that took place in 10 BBY on the swamp planet Mimban in an effort to secure the planet’s vital resources while establishing a regime loyal to the Galactic Empire. The 224th Imperial Armored Division engaged the Mimbanese Liberation Army, with the latter eager to drive the Imperials from their homeworld at all costs. The campaign saw the deployment of numerous swamp troopers and wet-weather gear stormtroopers, with the Imperial ground forces making use of trench warfare against the Mimbanese.
- "It's their planet; we're the hostiles"
- ―Han Solo, to Lieutenant Bolandin
The Mimbanese had previously repelled the forces of the Confederate military during the Clone Wars with aid from the benevolent Galactic Republic. Members of the Grand Army of the Republic's 224th Division, known as the mud-jumpers, fought alongside the indigenous population of Mimban, promising the species freedom once the droid army was defeated. When the Republic reorganized into the Galactic Empire in 19 BBY, the planet once again experienced an incursion from an external enemy: their former brothers-in-arms. The Imperials returned to the once-allied planet as conquerors, seeking to procure the abundant natural resources that existed on the swampy world. The initial invasion began in 10 BBY and consisted of Imperial commanders throwing their subordinates at the enemy lines, hoping to secure what little ground they could, no matter the casualties.[source?] During combat, Corporal Han Solo came across a group of soldiers he believed to be Imperial infantry. However, Solo quickly realized that the ragtag group of fighters was in actuality a gang of criminals disguised as army personnel led by the smuggler Tobias Beckett on a mission to commandeer a Y-45 armored transport hauler. Recognizing this as an opportunity to leave behind his life as a mere grunt, Solo initially attempted to persuade Beckett into allowing him into the group, threatening to expose the true intentions of the gang. Beckett, utilizing his stolen captains' uniform, ordered Lieutenant Bolandin to apprehend and dispose of Solo, accusing him of desertion. Bolandin followed suit and sentenced Solo to death via "the beast", whom Solo later discovered to be the Wookiee Chewbacca. Owing to his proficiency in Shryiiwook and quick wit, Solo managed to convince Chewbacca into helping him escape and later led the newfound ally to the air field where Beckett's crew prepared to depart. Impressed by the young man's determination, Beckett reevaluated and allowed both Solo and Chewbacca aboard his stolen AT-hauler, en route to the planet Vandor.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Solo: A Star Wars Story (First appearance)
- Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures – "Han and Chewie - A Lifelong Partnership"
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Expanded Edition
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Expanded Edition audiobook
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Read-Along Storybook and CD
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Meet the Crew (First identified as battle on Mimban)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Train Heist (Mentioned only)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Adaptation 1
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Adaptation 2 (Mentioned only; in the opening crawl)
- (First pictured)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Han on the Run
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide (First identified as Mimban campaign)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Tales from Vandor
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 1.21 1.22 1.23 Solo: A Star Wars Story
- ↑ Solo: A Star Wars Story Ultimate Sticker Collection
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Solo: A Star Wars Story: Expanded Edition
- ↑ A New Dawn
- ↑ Star Wars: Scum and Villainy: Case Files on the Galaxy's Most Notorious
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4 6.5 6.6 Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide