Mina Bonteri was a female human native to the planet Onderon. Prior to the Clone Wars, Bonteri served as a mentor to Padmé Amidala on Naboo, and the two became close friends. During the war, Bonteri was the senator of Onderon in the Separatist Senate. Following Bonteri's death, her son, Lux Bonteri, filled her position. However, he left the Confederacy when he learned Count Dooku, the Confederate Head of State, had been the one who arranged her death.
Before the outbreak of the Clone Wars, Bonteri was Senator for her homeworld of Onderon. She and her husband had a son, Lux. Bonteri also mentored Senator Padmé Amidala of Naboo and became her friend.
By the time the Clone Wars broke out, Bonteri had joined Count Dooku's Confederacy of Independent Systems as a member of the Separatist Senate. She and her son relocated to the Confederacy's Capital, Raxus where they had a home in Raxulon. By then, Bonteri's husband had been killed by clone troopers during a battle on Aargonar.
Bonteri was later contacted by Amidala who wished to discuss a peace initiative between the Galactic Republic and Confederacy. During a session of the Confederate Senate, Bonteri called for a vote to open the peace talks with Republic. However, Bonteri's efforts were thwarted by General Grievous's terrorist attack on Coruscant on the orders of Dooku.
Bonteri was killed in an apparent Republic attack that followed the failed peace initiative, but Republic spies confirmed that it was Dooku's agents who killed her. Her son tried to avenge his mother's death by briefly joining the Death Watch. He then returned to Onderon and joined the rebels in freeing the planet and return Ramsis Dendup to the throne. Impressed by the Jedi Order's efforts to liberate Onderon, Lux vowed to guide the people of Onderon back to the Republic as their new senator in the Galactic Senate.
Behind the scenesEdit
The name and photo of Bonteri was featured in Star Wars Insider 121, released on October 26, 2010. She later appeared in the Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series episode "Heroes on Both Sides", where she was voiced by Kath Soucie, who also voices Republic Senator Mon Mothma.
- Queen's Shadow
- Queen's Shadow audiobook
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Heroes on Both Sides" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Pursuit of Peace" (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Friend in Need" (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A War on Two Fronts" (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Soft War" (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Tipping Points" (Mentioned only)
- Battlefront II: Inferno Squad (Indirect mention only)
- Battlefront II: Inferno Squad audiobook (Indirect mention only)
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- Star Wars: Women of the Galaxy
- (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Pursuit of Peace"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 4.7 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Heroes on Both Sides"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- ↑ Queen's Shadow
- ↑ Rise of the Separatists
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A War on Two Fronts"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Friend in Need"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Soft War"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Tipping Points"