- "That Mining Explorer...! I recognize it! It's the same House of Tagge ship that was ferrying TIE fighters to Yavin to attack the Rebel base there!"
- ―Luke Skywalker
A Mining Explorer was a large utility craft used for research and exploration.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The ships were clad with a green-colored hull and had an array of three engines at the stern. Hangars were located towards the mid-section of the vessel. A Mining Explorer was about 500 meters long, if we consider the shadow the vessel projects over a Tagge Battle Cruiser. The ships were capable of operating in most of the planetary atmospheres.
History[edit | edit source]
- "It's a House of Tagge Mining Explorer! At one time or another that entire family has given us trouble."
- ―Leia Organa
The ships were used by the Tagge Mining Company, a subsidiary of Tagge Company. They were originally designed when other megacorporations refused to provide ships to Tagge Company in an effort to stifle their business. They served as bulk freighters/survey ships/colony transports. However its main use in the outer rim was the search of spice, hence its nickname "Spice Sniffer", deploying probes from the great ventral bay.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars 25: Siege at Yavin (First appearance)
- Star Wars 26: Doom Mission
- Star Wars 31: Return to Tatooine
- Star Wars 33: Saber Clash
- Star Wars 34: Thunder in the Stars
- Star Wars 35: Dark Lord's Gambit (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars 36: Red Queen Rising (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars 50: The Crimson Forever