- "You were right, Skywalker. I am a slave, just as you are…."
- ―Miraj Scintel, to Anakin Skywalker as she dies
Miraj Scintel was a female Zygerrian who served as the Queen of Zygerria during the Clone Wars. Seeking to rebuild the Zygerrian Slave Empire that was shut down by the Jedi Knights of the Old Republic, Scintel allied Zygerria with the Confederacy of Independent Systems. She was betrayed by her Prime Minister, Atai Molec, and then killed by Dooku.
- "Slavery is the natural order of things. The weak deserve nothing more than to kneel before the strong, bound to our service."
- ―Queen Miraj Scintel
During the Clone Wars, Scintel allied Zygerria's Slave Empire with Count Dooku's Confederacy of Independent Systems in order to restore its former glory. Following the abduction of the Togruta colonists from Kiros, she planned to have a slave auction. Scintel then heard that a human in Zygerrian armor, Lars Quell, demanded an audience with her about the demise of Bruno Denturri. She was impressed by his feat and his brash and confident nature. She was given a gift, a slave from Denturri's palace. She spoke with Lars about her plans in expanding her slave empire. Scintel's Twi'lek servant girl then attacked her, but Lars saved her. She watched as the servant girl jumped to her death.
Scintel invited Lars to the slave auction. Her Prime Minister, Atai Molec, then informed her of an intruder: Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi. She had Kenobi brought before the crowd on the auction block. Scintel gave Lars an electro-whip to teach Kenobi his place. However, Lars revealed himself as Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker and his slave as Padawan Ahsoka Tano. Tano ordered Scintel to stand down, but Scintel used the shock collar to subdue her. Scintel watched as her guards attempted to subdue Skywalker, impressed by his strength. After her guards subdued Skywalker, she decided to keep Skywalker as her bodyguard/slave.
Scintel told Skywalker that Dooku and half her kingdom demanded that Skywalker be executed, Skywalker responded by Force choking her. However, Scintel told him to obey her or his friends would die. She offered Skywalker the chance to serve her if she would ensure his friends' safety. Scintel continued to try and convince Skywalker to be loyal to her alone. Molec then told her that Dooku was coming. Thus, Scintel took Skywalker's lightsaber and told him to stay where he was.
Scintel welcomed Dooku, despite having not asked him to come. Dooku told her that Molec had asked him to come. Scintel told him of her plans to break and enslave the Jedi. Though Dooku saw her plans as ambitious, he told Scintel that he ultimately planned to exterminate the Jedi, not enslave them. Dooku demanded that she let him execute them, but Scintel refused. Molec saw his queen as unworthy to rule and decided to side with Dooku. Scintel then pulled out her electro-whip, but Dooku strangled her through the Force. Dooku released her when Skywalker stormed in and briefly fought Dooku with the queen's electro-whip. When the guards stormed into the room asking about the queen, Dooku claimed that Skywalker had killed her. Skywalker escaped and took Scintel to the Tecora. Before she died, Scintel told Skywalker where Kenobi, Rex, and the colonists were being held.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Kidnapped" (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Slaves of the Republic" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Escape from Kadavo"
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: How Not to Get Eaten by Ewoks and Other Galactic Survival Skills (Picture only)
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- (Indirect mention only)
- (Picture only)
- (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Slaves of the Republic"
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events "Prisoners" and "Crisis on Naboo" to 20 BBY. As the episode "Escape from Kadavo" takes place between the two episodes according to , Miraj Scintel's death must take place in that year.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Escape from Kadavo"
- ↑ Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Kidnapped"