The Mirial system was a star system located in the Outer Rim Territories. It contained the planet Mirial, which was home to the near-human Mirialan species, and at least one other planet. The system was located in the grid square Q-4 of the Standard Galactic Grid.
Around 0 BBY, a small rebellious militia group from planets within the Mirial system was active before its members were imprisoned by the Galactic Empire across different prisons in an attempt to separate them. The Empire's efforts, however, were not enough as the Mirialan Yalla, a member of the militia who had been imprisoned in Imperial Detention Center & Labor Camp LEG-817 on the planet Wobani, knew other prisoners at Wobani that were part of the group and made contact with them, sharing brief coded exchanges. Sometime afterwards, the group unsuccessfully attempted to escape the prison and Yalla was killed.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The Mirial system was mentioned in Star Wars canon in the 2017 young-adult novel Rebel Rising, written by Beth Revis. In the Star Wars Legends continuity, the Mirial system was first indirectly mentioned in the 2001 novel Cloak of Deception, written by James Luceno, before it was later identified in the 2009 reference book The Essential Atlas by Daniel Wallace and Jason Fry.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Rebel Rising (First mentioned, simultaneous with Rebel Rising audiobook)
- Rebel Rising audiobook (First mentioned, simultaneous with Rebel Rising)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game establishes that Mirial is located in the Outer Rim Territories, at the coordinates Q-4. As such, the Mirial system must share the same location.
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Rebel Rising
- Force Collector
- Star Wars: Rogue One: Rebel Dossier
- Rebel Rising establishes that Yalla was imprisoned at the Imperial Detention Center & Labor Camp LEG-817 on Wobani one month before Jyn Erso was rescued from the prison by the Alliance to Restore the Republic. Star Wars Helmet Collection 62 (Highlights of the Saga: Leaving Wobani) dates Erso's rescue to 0 BBY. Therefore, the small rebellious militia group was active around 0 BBY.
- Cloak of Deception
- The Essential Atlas