R2-D2 and C-3PO also took part in the mission, providing assistance in installing the new equipment and translating for the clones. While they were waiting for the new systems to install, the two droids went to look at an unsealed hatch, but, as another groundquake stroke, the pair fell down the hatch and into the Aleen underworld.
As the two droids wandered through the tunnels, they came across a trio of Kindalo, who pointed them towards another resident of the underworld, who explained that the unsealed hatch had let in toxic air to the underworld, so they had created the quakes. As she left the two droids were shot back to the surface, and they sealed the hatch.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Mercy Mission" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Nomad Droids" (In flashback(s))
Notes and references
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide: Updated and Expanded
- The New Essential Chronology
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Mercy Mission"
- The Official Star Wars Fact File Part 13 (CHE1–2, Chewbacca) dates "Wookiee Hunt" to 21 BBY, while The Official Star Wars Fact File Part 25 (GAL4, The Reluctant Warrior) dates "Nomad Droids" to 21 BBY. Since places "Mercy Mission" between those two episodes, it can be concluded that "Mercy Mission" also takes place in 21 BBY.