Qui-Gon Jinn's old Padawan, Xanatos, had become leader of the Offworld Mining Corporation and had headed to the planet of Bandomeer. Meanwhile, Obi-Wan Kenobi desperately wished to be a Jedi Knight, though he had a tough time controlling his anger. The Jedi Council sent him and Qui-Gon to Bandomeer to investigate what had been happening.
As the leader of Offworld Mining Corporation, Xanatos claimed that he desired peace between Offworld and rival company Arcona Mineral Harvest Corporation, but secretly he planned to eliminate Arcona and take their ionite mines on Bandomeer for himself. He tricked Obi-Wan Kenobi into thinking he would not make it as Jinn's Padawan. He then sent him off to a mining platform through a trap door. With the help of Kenobi, Jinn thwarted his plans by disabling the charges. The planet was safe.
- Jedi Apprentice: The Rising Force (First appearance)
- Jedi Apprentice: The Dark Rival
- Jedi Apprentice: The Hidden Past (Mentioned only)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 10 (KEN1, Obi-Wan Kenobi)
- The New Essential Chronology
- The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force