- "You're sure about this, Lor?"
"As sure as I can be. My contact told me a great deal about the location."
- ―Luke Skywalker and Lor San Tekka
During the New Republic Era, Jedi Master Luke Skywalker of the Jedi Order undertook a mission to Elphrona with his Padawan and nephew, Ben Solo and the explorer Lor San Tekka to find Jedi artifacts. During the course of the mission, they encountered the Knights of Ren, an enclave of masked warriors.
Prelude[edit | edit source]
- "I just didn't realize the Jedi ever had an official presence so far from the Core."
"It's probably High Republic Era. It was a time of greatly expanded Jedi activity throughout the galaxy."
- ―Luke Skywalker and Lor San Tekka
In the High Republic Era, in a time of expanded Jedi activity throughout the galaxy, Elphrona was visited by the Jedi Order, who constructed an outpost within the side of a cliff. The Jedi used the outpost as a treasure trove, storing a number of artifacts within.
During the New Republic Era, as Jedi Master Luke Skywalker's rebuilt the Jedi Order, Skywalker and his Padawan Ben Solo visited Elphrona alongside his explorer Lor San Tekka, who had learned of the planet and its outpost. Skywalker and Tekka discussed the High Republic Era and that it was a period when the Jedi greatly expanded beyond the Core Worlds.
Solo and Snoke[edit | edit source]
- "Is all well, my friend? I sense disquiet in you."
"I'm fine, Snoke. Just off on yet another mission with Master Skywalker to find Jedi artifacts."
- ―Snoke and Ben Solo
Solo was unpleased over the length of their journey, traveling to the edge between the known galaxy and unexplored space. Snoke took the opportunity to sow seeds of doubt about the Jedi in Solo's mind, telling the young apprentice that they had a history of hoarding knowledge and power, and considering themselves as masters of the Force and that Skywalker was holding him back in his evolution as a Jedi. Snoke reassured him however that Skywalker would eventually come to know Solo's true capabilities, but at the moment he saw his student as nothing more than a child.
The confrontation[edit | edit source]
- "Well, hello there. Everything here is ours. We're going to take it…but how we take it is up to you. Your call, friends."
"You're wrong. So, so wrong. This is a Jedi outpost. Everything in it belongs to the Jedi Order, which, at the moment, means me. I am the last Jedi."
- ―Ren and Skywalker
Skywalker had learnt of the outpost, and hoped to retrieve the artifacts that lay within but were met by Ren and the Knights confronted Skywalker, who had visited the outpost alongside with Solo and Tekka. Ren declared that the artifacts belonged to the Knights, threatening Skywalker. The Jedi Master, however, wished to prevent the Knights of Ren from taking the artifacts.
Ren then ignited his lightsaber, and the Knights surrounded Skywalker and Solo. However, despite being outnumbered, Skywalker managed to incapacitate the Knights, destroying their weapons. With the Knights defeated, Ren stepped forward to face the Jedi himself. Though Skywalker conceeded that he was indeed one man, the Jedi knew that he was not alone with the Force as his ally. Ren revealed that he had activated a kill switch on his lightsaber, which would cause it to explode if it left his hand.
Aftermath[edit | edit source]
- "I am one man. But I am not alone. The Force is my ally. And it is Powerful. You're clumsy. Untrained. You use the dark side like a hammer. But the Light is a blade. And so am I."
- ―Luke Skywalker
However, as Skywalker was too strong to handle, Ren chose to leave with the rest of the Knights. Before departing, Ren pointed out the presence of the dark side in Solo, and removed his mask, telling Solo that he could take other paths in life. Ren threw his helmet onto the ground, and told Solo to contact him if he ever wished to learn about the dark side.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- The Rise of Kylo Ren 2 (First appearance) (In flashback(s))
- The Rise of Kylo Ren 3 (Indirect mention only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- The Rise of Kylo Ren 2
- Skywalker: A Family at War states that the mission to Elphrona took place the year Ben Solo turned fourteen. Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary establishes that Solo was born twenty-nine years prior to the Hosnian Cataclysm, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 34 ABY. Therefore, the mission took place in 19 ABY.