- "What are you doing on Kashyyyk?"
"Looking for somebody. What are you doing here?"
"My companions and I came to Kashyyyk to disrupt Imperial supply lines...so, who are you looking for?"
"A Wookiee Chieftain named Tarfful."
"Tarfful is impossible to find. There's a reason he's evaded the Empire for this long."
"He's a freedom fighter?"
"He's THE freedom fighter. A symbol of the Wookiee resistance, striking at the Empire from the Shadowlands...What do you want with Tarfful?"
- ―Saw Gerrera and Cal Kestis on what brought them to Kashyyyk
During the reign of the Galactic Empire, Jedi Padawan Cal Kestis undertook a mission to the planet Kashyyyk to find Tarfful. Whilst searching for the Wookiee chieftain, Kestis came across Saw Gerrera and his Partisans and agreed to help free captured Wookiees from the Imperial Refinery.
After being exposed as a Jedi in hiding, padawan Cal Kestis and former knight Cere Junda went on a mission to rebuild the Jedi Order. Doing research on the Zeffo, they needed to find an old friend of Eno Cordova, a Wookiee chief named Tarfful, for information.
Assault on the refineryEdit
Saw Gerrera lead his Partisans to aid the wookies there. The planet was blockaded by several Imperial-class Star Destroyers. During an attack on an Imperial landing pad, the Empire deployed TIE/ln space superiority starfighters, AT-ATs, AT-STs, and Imperial Troop Transports. Cal's group arrived in the middle of the battle and decided to help. He hijacked an AT-AT and destroyed numerous Imperial forces. After securing an Imperial Landing pad, the AT-AT was disabled by a crashing Zeta-class cargo shuttle. Saw and his forces met with Cal's group, and Cal agreed to help them raid on the nearby Imperial Refinery on his search for Tarfful.
Saw lead his soldiers to attack the facility head-on and captured the cutters to cut into the refinery while Cal snuck inside to free the prisoners, fighting through Stormtroopers and local wildlife, such as Wyyyschokk. Going through the facility, Cal ran into a few Purge troopers waiting for him, but was able to dispatch them. After freeing the Wookiee prisoners, he rendezvoused with Saw's forces on the roof. Despite being surrounded, Cal bested the Imperial forces attacking him and Saw claimed victory over the Empire. He then offered Cal to join his Partisans, but Cal had to finish his own mission. Mari Kosan met with Cal and agrees to find Tarfful for him. Cal then left for Zeffo while Saw's forces occupy the refinery.
The search for TarffulEdit
At some point following Cal's departure, the Second Sister and Ninth Sister brought Imperial reinforcements and nearly destroyed the Partisans looking for Cal. The Partisans retreated into the Shadowlands, before Gerrera eventually fled offworld with much of his forces while Mari and others stayed to continue helping the Wookiees.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (First appearance)
- The Star Wars Book (Indirect mention only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 1.21 1.22 1.23 1.24 1.25 1.26 1.27 1.28 1.29 1.30 1.31 1.32 1.33 1.34 1.35 1.36 1.37 1.38 1.39 1.40 1.41 1.42 1.43 1.44 1.45 1.46 1.47 1.48 1.49 1.50 1.51 1.52 1.53 1.54 1.55 1.56 1.57 1.58 1.59 1.60 1.61 1.62 1.63 1.64 1.65 1.66 1.67 1.68 1.69 1.70 1.71 1.72 1.73 1.74 1.75 1.76 1.77 1.78 1.79 1.80 1.81 1.82 1.83 1.84 1.85 1.86 1.87 1.88 1.89 1.90 1.91 Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
- ↑ Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order takes place five years after the Great Jedi Purge, which is dated to 19 BBY by Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. Therefore, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, in which the Mantis crew appears, is set in 14 BBY.