- Ozzik Sturn: "Attention, intruder! This is Captain Ozzik Sturn, and you, my friend, are in violation of a few Imperial codes... But I'm guessing you don't care. I should like to arrange a personal meeting... if you're game..."
- Rahm Kota: "Captain Sturn? Be careful, Sturn's a madman. I'm surprised they gave him another command post after that nasty business on Malastare."
- Starkiller: "Give me the history lessons later, General."
- ―General Rahm Kota warns Starkiller about Ozzik Sturn[src]
History[edit | edit source]
Prelude[edit | edit source]
Once Rahm Kota was rescued and taken aboard the Rogue Shadow, he informed Marek that defeating the Galactic Empire was a fool's errand. But, he did say that he had a contact in the Imperial Senate that might use Marek's lightsaber. But to get his aid, he required a person to travel to the planet Kashyyyk to retrieve an object that was very precious to him. If this was accomplished, then maybe he would be willing in helping Marek in creating a rebellion against Emperor Palpatine's rule of the galaxy.
Rescuing the Princess[edit | edit source]
Upon landing on Kashyyyk, Marek departed the Rogue Shadow alone, and made his way through Imperial controlled territory to find the person he was to rescue.
His task was to disable the comm tower of the base and to disable the containment shield. As Marek made his way deeper into the base, he encountered a member of the Emperor's Royal Guard at the quarters of Captain Ozzik Sturn, who was reassigned to Kashyyyk due to his extra-vocational activities as a hunter of exotic species. Marek fought his way into the compound to save Leia Organa from the Imperials in order to gain the support of her father Senator Bail Organa.
The Princess believed the intruder to have been an assassin sent by the Emperor, however, he made her realize that he had come to save her. It was then, that Marek realized that the Princess's father was feeding Rahm Kota information about Imperial targets. Princess Leia agreed to leave on the condition that Marek would destroy the local Skyhook, which the Empire was creating on Kashyyyk in order to transport the Wookiees offworld for slave labor. When Marek stated that the Empire would simply rebuild it, Organa agreed that they probably would, but the Wookiees would at least have a chance to go in hiding. She then departed after asking if the shuttle was still outside the compound. Galen said it was, but the pilot was dead to which the Princess rhetorically asked why he thought she needed a pilot.
Destruction of the Skyhook[edit | edit source]
After contacting Juno, Galen was informed by PROXY that the destruction of the tractor beam would accomplish the goal though the act would lead to an explosive violent reaction. Fighting Imperial troops, Marek attempted to realign the tractor beam emitters at the base of the platform.
While attempting to damage the equipment that maintained the skyhook, Marek came into conflict with Ozzik Sturn, who led the Imperial garrison force on the planet. Sturn piloted a modified AT-ST, which he used against Marek, and he along with his troopers attempted to kill the Jedi. However, they were defeated and the tractor beam was disabled, which in turn destroyed the skyhook. This act delayed the Empire's attempts at using the Wookiee's as a force for slave labor and gave them enough time to organize a resistance against Imperial rule. However according to Galen the Wookiees who remained on Kashyyyk only saw it to be rebuilt.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- The Force Unleashed novel (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed comic (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed video game
- The Force Unleashed II novel (Mentioned only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide: Updated and Expanded (Indirect mention only)
- The Essential Reader's Companion
- Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Core Rulebook