The New Republic wanted to insert Black Sun criminals in Coruscant. After much debate they decided to get those criminals from Kessel. So that they would not arouse suspicion, the New Republic decided to also take people who would be useful to the New Republic. They intended to get seventeen criminals and to negotiate with the head of Kessel to take some criminals off his hands if he would let them take some good people. Rogue Squadron was then sent to Kessel with New Republic operatives to complete the mission. After a flyby done by the majority of Rogue Squadron to disable Kessel's defenses, Corran Horn and Wedge Antilles landed on Kessel to negotiate. They only got sixteen criminals.
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns (Mentioned only) (Databank)
- X-Wing: Wedge's Gamble (First appearance)
- The New Essential Chronology
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Reader's Companion
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 X-Wing: Wedge's Gamble
- ↑ The departure of the Lusankya, which The Essential Guide to Warfare states occurs in 7 ABY, happens between 7-8 weeks after the Liberation of Coruscant. Per The Essential Atlas, the Liberation occurs on 42:2:17, so the Lusankya's departure is approximately 42:4:17. Per Warfare's placement of the Battle of Selaggis in 7 ABY, the Atlas's placement of Selaggis on 43:2:28, and the Atlas's placement of the Battle of Yavin in 35:3, a three-month gap between the Great ReSynchronization and Galactic Standard Calendar can be confirmed. Thus, the Liberation, which occurs on 42:2:17, occurs before the year 7 ABY begins, and must fall in 6 ABY. The same can be said for the remainder of the Coruscant campaign that occurs prior to the Liberation.
- ↑ The Essential Atlas