- "No one was supposed to get hurt..."
"The unpredictable nature of deception."
- ―Has Obitt and Orson Krennic
A mission to the planet Merj during the Clone Wars. Lieutenant Commander Orson Krennic of the Galactic Republic's Special Weapons Group personally organized a group of Republic Intelligence direct action operatives, ferried by the smuggler Has Obitt's ship Good Tidings, to infiltrate a laboratory complex controlled by the Confederacy of Independent Systems. Their objective was to capture three Morseerian scientists to be used in an important prisoner exchange on Vallt, which would also have the effect of eliminating a biological warfare threat against the clone troopers of the Grand Army of the Republic. The mission ran into unexpected resistance when spaceport customs agents opened fire, but the Republic operatives were able to withdraw with the captured scientists nonetheless.
Notes and references
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Brain Invaders"
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide states that the Onderonian Civil War began 22 years before the Rogue One mission. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the Rogue One mission to 0 BBY. Therefore, the Onderonian Civil War began in 22 BBY, while its end, depicted in "Tipping Points," must occur in 20 BBY; Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of "Water War" to 20 BBY, while Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Character Encyclopedia - Join the Battle! dates the events of "The Gathering" to be 20 years before the events of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, which corresponds to 20 BBY according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. As establishes that the events of "Tipping Points," and therefore the end of the Onderonian Civil War, occurred between the events of "Water War" and "The Gathering," the war must have ended in 20 BBY.
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel