- "Tyranus wanted Sifo-Dyas dead. The Pykes were well paid to shoot down his ship."
Prior to the Invasion of Naboo, Supreme Chancellor Finis Valorum sent Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas on a secret mission to Oba Diah. Sifo-Dyas, who was sent without the knowledge of the Jedi Council, traveled with Valorum's aide Silman to resolve a dispute within the Pyke Syndicate, one that threatened to spark a crime war beneath the streets of Coruscant. However, before Sifo-Dyas could negotiate, the Jedi Council requested that he travel to Felucia to resolve a tribal dispute. As he and Silman were leaving, intending to return, the Pykes—at the behest of the Sith Lord Darth Tyranus—shot Sifo-Dyas' ship down, as the Sith wanted to hide Sifo-Dyas' involvement in the creation of the Grand Army of the Republic. The Jedi Master was killed but Silman survived as a prisoner of the Syndicate, where he remained until being discovered by the Jedi during the Clone Wars. Dooku subsequently posed as a Jedi and staged Sifo-Dyas' death on Felucia to conceal what had transpired.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Lost One" (First mentioned)
- Force Collector (First appearance) (Appears in hologram)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 15 (Databank A-Z: Dooku–Dwarf Spider Droids) (Indirect mention only)
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- (First identified as secret mission to Oba Diah)