- "We owe this to Crix. Without his work, we wouldn't have known about the dark trooper project until it was too late to make any difference. Besides, I've seen what the Empire does to spies. Not a pretty sight."
- ―Kyle Katarn
Kyle Katarn and Jan Ors arrived on Orinackra in the Moldy Crow, and Katarn battled his way through the detention facility's defenses. Beginning from the higher levels, he descended with an elevator to the command center. From there he ascended again to the higher levels where the high security cells were. Katarn was able to obtain the card key to Madine's holding cell and freed the former Imperial.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Dark Forces (First appearance)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- The New Essential Guide to Characters
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 94 (YAV16, The Evacuation of Yavin)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 130 (MAD3, General Crix Madine)
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 7
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II ("Orinackra")
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Dark Forces
- The New Essential Guide to Characters, p. 115
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
- "Galaxywide NewsNets"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 6 places the outbreak of the Candorian plague on Dentaal on 36:2:12, which falls in 0 ABY. The Official Star Wars Fact File 130 (MAD2-3, General Crix Madine) tie together the events of Star Wars: Dark Forces and Star Wars: Rogue Squadron, and Madine's own recollections in Darksaber as follows: upon learning of the Dark Trooper Project, Madine alerts the Rebel Alliance to the project's existence, thus starting the events of Dark Forces. Shortly afterwards, Madine is ordered to release the Candorian plague on Dentaal, an event which is dated to 36:2:12 per the Adventure Journal. Madine vanishes into the wilderness shortly afterwards, spending a week in the jungles of Dentaal before escaping and fleeing the planet—only to be captured almost immediately by General Rom Mohc and imprisoned on Orinackra. Kyle Katarn then frees Madine from Orinackra, and Madine is then involved in the battle at Corellia. The New Essential Chronology states that only a short amount of time passed between Madine telling the Alliance about the Dark Troopers and his defection. The length of time Madine spends on the run places his capture and imprisonment on Orinackra firmly in the month 36:3, or the first month of 1 ABY. Therefore, the events of Dark Forces prior to the mission to Orinackra fall in 0 ABY, and the remainder of the game and the battle at Corellia both occur in 1 ABY.