- "Find the wayfinder, get to Exegol… And bring an end to this conflict once and for all."
- ―Rey, quoting Luke Skywalker's writings
The mission to Pasaana, also known as the raid at the Festival of the Ancestors, was a mission undertaken by the Resistance during their war with the First Order. The mission resulted in a skirmish between First Order troops and Poe Dameron, Rey, Lando Calrissian, Finn, BB-8, and C-3PO on the desert planet Pasaana.
Prelude[edit | edit source]
- "He's been planning his revenge. His followers have been building something for years. The largest fleet the galaxy has ever known. He calls it the Final Order. In sixteen hours, attacks on all free worlds begin. The Emperor and his fleet have been hiding in the Unknown Regions on a world called Exegol."
- ―Poe Dameron
After hearing Palpatine's broadcast,[source?] Rey, Finn, Poe Dameron, Chewbacca, BB-8, and C-3PO set out to find the Sith wayfinders, ancient tools helping to locate the planet Exegol and Palpatine. The crew set out to Pasaana, the last known location Jedi Master Luke Skywalker visited as part of his search for the wayfinder.
The mission[edit | edit source]
The Festival[edit | edit source]
- Poe: "What is this?"
- C-3PO: "The Aki-Aki Festival of the Ancestors! Oh! This celebration occurs only once every forty-two years."
- Finn: "Well, that's lucky."
- C-3PO: "Lucky indeed! This festival is known for both its colorful kites and its delectable sweets."
- ―C-3PO to Poe Dameron, Finn, Rey, and Chewbacca[src]
Arriving at the desert planet of Pasaana, the crew were introduced to the Aki-Aki species and the Festival of the Ancestors which occurred every forty-two years. Trying to stay hidden so that no First Order patrol officer would see her, Rey met Nambi Ghima who gave her a husk necklace and asked her name to which Rey replied her name was Rey. When the youngling asked her last name she replied she didn't have one. Just then she connected with Kylo Ren. During the connection, Ren told Rey that Darth Sidious wanted her dead, however, he had other plans. Rey told him how he still could not get over what he did to Han Solo. Ren said he will find another way to turn her over to him, then he snatched her necklace the young Aki-Aki gave her earlier. Running over to Dameron and Finn, Rey told them it was time to leave because she had been discovered by Ren. Along the way, they were confronted by First Order stormtrooper FN-2802 who tried to alert the other stormtrooper in that area but was killed by a masked smuggler. Telling them to follow him, he led them into a large vehicle and revealed himself to be Lando Calrissian, much to the enjoyment of Chewbacca. Calrissian told them that Leia Organa had sent him a message. However they were interrupted by the First Order. As they departed, Rey told Calrissian that the Resistance badly needed pilots, but Calrissian told her that his flying days were over. Calrissian asked Rey to give Leia his love, but Rey retorted to give it to her himself.
The escape[edit | edit source]
- C-3PO: "Aah! They fly now!"
- Finn: "They fly now?"
- Dameron: "They fly now."
- ―C-3PO, Finn and Poe Dameron, whilst being pursued by jet troopers.[src]
Locating skimmers to use to escape, Dameron was able to hotwire two of them. As they fled the Festival, they were spotted by First Order jet troopers who followed them in pursuit. Trying to get them of their tail, Rey, Chewbacca, Finn, and Dameron tried to outmaneuver them to no avail. They were forced to shoot at them while they were split up. They were however able to defeat the jet troopers, however they fell into quicksand. While they were sinking, Finn tried to tell Rey something however they had sunk in the quicksand before he was able to. Finding themselves in a hidden cave Rey asked Finn what he was going to tell her, but Finn told her he didn't want to say it in front of Dameron much to his dismay. Later on they discovered the remains of Sith assassin Ochi and his blade. Seeing that it had Sith language, they tried to see if C-3PO could translate, but he couldn't because of programming block. Before anything could happen they were attacked by a vexis. Finn and Dameron got their Glie-44 blaster pistols out to shoot the beast, but Rey was able to Force heal the wounded beast which then left, creating a hole for them to escape. Meanwhile, the Knights of Ren arrived on the surface of the planet, searching for Rey and her allies. Leaving the cave they went to Bestoon Legacy which Rey knew from an unknown time.
Duel with Ren[edit | edit source]
- "I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it. Why didn't you?"
"You could have killed me. Why didn't you?"
"You can't hide, Rey. Not from me."
- ―Kylo Ren and Rey
Back at the ship, Rey sensed Kylo Ren in pursuit. Leaving to confront him, she told Finn that she would be right back. Going out in the desert, she drew her lightsaber and was able to cut of the wing of his TIE/wi modified interceptor, causing it to crash. When Finn told Chewbacca to go find Rey, Chewbacca was spotted by Knights of Ren Ap'lek and Kuruk, who captured him and gave him to the First Order. Realizing that Chewbacca has been captured, Finn alerted Rey of the situation. Seeing a First Order transport leaving, Rey used the Force to stop it. However, Ren, who survived the crash, used the Force on the ship as well. As she began to be overpowered by Ren, Rey grew angry and, without understanding her capabilities, accidentally used Force lightning, which destroyed the transport. Horrified due to believing she had killed her friend as well as the surprise of her display of a Force power associated with the Dark side of the Force, Rey looked on in shock as the ship crashed to the ground. However, before Ren and his forces could catch her, Finn helped her back to the ship. The group fled from the oncoming TIE/fo space superiority fighters.
Aftermath[edit | edit source]
Leaving on the Bestoon Legacy, Rey, Finn, and Dameron learned that C-3PO had the language inscribed in his memory. Decided not to let Chewie's death be in vain, they decided to go to Kijimi, where Poe knew an old ally to get the language out of C-3PO. Meanwhile the First Order captured the Millennium Falcon and the Sith dagger and transported it to the Steadfast, where General Armitage Hux informed Allegiant General Enric Pryde that they captured a valuable prisoner, Chewbacca, boasting that the Wookiee used to fly with Han Solo, angering Chewbacca at the mention of his late best friend's name.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker (First appearance)
- Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures – "Kylo Ren vs. Resistance Rebels"
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Expanded Edition
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: A Junior Novel
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary dates the events of Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker as taking place one year after the Starkiller Incident, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 34 ABY. Therefore, the events of Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker must take place in 35 ABY.
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary