- "Transfer the message. Get it to Leia. Hurry."
- ―Boolio transfers a message to Finn and R2-D2
Prelude[edit | edit source]
- "Boolio, good to see you. You got something for us?"
"From a new ally. A spy in the First Order."
"A spy? Who?"
"I don't know."
- ―Finn and Boolio
Following a mysterious galaxy-wide transmission in the voice of the late Darth Sidious, General Leia Organa of the Resistance dispatched secret agents across the galaxy to investigate the origin of the transmission. One such group, led by Commander Poe Dameron, was sent to the Sinta Glacier Colony to investigate possible leads pointing to a spy within the First Order. Their informant, Boolio, originally told them he would provide them with a regulator to repair the Resistance flagship, the Tantive IV, as he did not want to reveal the information he was privy to over the HoloNet.
The mission[edit | edit source]
- "How do we thank you?"
"Win the war."
- ―Finn and Boolio
The group of Resistance members traveled to the colony on the Millennium Falcon. En route, Poe Dameron and Finn played a game of dejarik against Chewbacca. When the two suggested Chewbacca was cheating, he flew into a rage, which abated when the ship's navicomputer announced their arrival. As Dameron aproached the cockpit, he asked fellow crew member Klaud whether the Falcon's power surge was fixed, with Klaud replying in his own alien language.
The Falcon exited hyperspace, flying through the passages of the glacier. Hovering beneath a maintenance hatch, the ship opened its top hatch so Finn could collect Boolio's data reel. The wire was plugged into R2-D2, and the data transfer began. However, First Order spies had tracked the spy's transmission to Boolio, and had dispatched a swarm of TIE fighters to the colony. With time ticking down, the ship made a hasty retreat with the data aboard, with Boolio telling the group to "win the war" as a way of thanking him.
As Poe flew the Falcon through the colony, Finn manned the ventral gunner position. Whilst his shots downed one of the four fighters pursuing them, he was unable to dispatch the other Special Forces craft. Dameron instead rolled the ship to allow Finn a clear shot at a nearby walkway, which collapsed, taking the enemy TIEs with it. As more fighters approached the ship, Poe flew through a nearby ice wall, jumping to lightspeed.
With the enemy still in pursuit, the Falcon dropped out of lightspeed in the Crystal Chaos of Cardovyte. Dameron slalomed the ship through the crystal spires, with one of their pursuers colliding with a spire. The Resistance ace jumped the ship to lightspeed again, employing lightspeed skipping, an old pirate trick, in order to outwit the First Order's tracking systems. The ship dropped out of lightspeed, now at the Mirror-Spires of Ivexia. Two more TIE whisper starfighters were destroyed, before the Falcon jumped to lightspeed again. The final jump brought them to the Megafauna Chasm of the Typhonic Nebula, home to a variety of large beasts. One such creature reared up in front of the ship, with the two remaining enemy fighters crashing into it's gaping maw, and the Millennium Falcon beat a hasty retreat back to Ajan Kloss, and the Resistance base.
Aftermath[edit | edit source]
- "He's been planning his revenge. His followers have been building something for years. The largest fleet the galaxy has ever known. He calls it the Final Order. In sixteen hours, attacks on all free worlds begin. The Emperor and his fleet have been hiding in the Unknown Regions on a world called Exegol."
- ―Poe Dameron
On the ship's return, the overloaded systems blew, and large parts of the freighter caught fire. Whilst Finn and Poe greeted their friend Rey, R2-D2 uploaded the critical information obtained into the base's main computer. Later the same day, the majority of the Resistance congregated in the main hangar to listen to the now decrypted message. The message confirmed the rumors of Sidious' return, and his designs to launch a fleet of Xyston-class Star Destroyers from the world of Exegol. With the planet's location unknown, Rey decided to follow in her old master, Luke Skywalker's footsteps, and departed with her friends to Pasaana, where she hoped to pick up Luke's trail, and find a Sith wayfinder, a device which could lead her to Exegol.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Expanded Edition
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: A Junior Novel
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Mission to Sinta Glacier Colony)
- The Art of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
- Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga: The Official Collector's Edition
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary states the Mission to Sinta Glacier Colony occurred one year after the "Starkiller Incident." As Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the Starkiller Incident to 34 ABY, it can be deduced that the mission took place in 35 ABY.
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary