During the Clone Wars, Jedi Generals Mace Windu and Anakin Skywalker undertook a mission to search the wreckage of the Venator-class Star Destroyer Endurance for any survivors after it crashed on Vanqor. Unbeknownst to the Jedi, however, the bounty hunters who had sabotaged the ship had visited the wreckage first, taking three Republic officers who had survived the crash hostage and leaving a booby trap that left Skywalker and Windu trapped in the wreckage. Skywalker's astromech droid, R2-D2, was then forced to evade the bounty hunters and gundarks roaming the crash site in an attempt to call for help and prevent the hunters from finding the Jedi in the ruins of the bridge. R2 was eventually forced to go all the way to Coruscant in Windu's Jedi starfighter for help after the hunters, unaware of the identity of their opponent, destroyed the starfighter's long-range communications. Jedi Master Plo Koon and Skywalker's Padawan Ahsoka Tano returned to Vanqor with the droid and the clone troopers of the 104th Battalion to rescue the trapped Jedi before the Endurance's wreckage completely collapsed.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "R2 Come Home" (First appearance)
- Dark Disciple (Indirect mention only)
- Dark Disciple audiobook (Indirect mention only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 2 (Weapons & Uniforms: Bounty Hunters) (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 9 (Databank A-Z: C-21–Chandrila) (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 17 (Databank A-Z: Ewoks–Finn (FN-2187)) (Indirect mention only)
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition (Indirect mention only)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Death Trap"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "R2 Come Home"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Lethal Trackdown"
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars episode "Landing at Point Rain" to 21 BBY, and Star Wars Helmet Collection 76 (Highlights of the Saga: The End of Endurance) dates the death of CT-411 "Ponds", as seen in the episode "Lethal Trackdown", to the same year. Since places "R2 Come Home" between "Landing at Point Rain" and "Lethal Trackdown," its events, including the mission to Vanqor, must take place in the same year.