- "Lose something, my dear?"
"Ventress... it seems we weren't as stealthy as I'd hoped, Qutee"
- ―Ventress stopped Secura
Between 22 BBY and 20 BBY, during the Clone Wars between the Galactic Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems, Jedi General Aayla Secura went on a mission to the Secret Research Facility on an unmapped moon in the Outer Rim Territories. Secura and her astromech droid QT-KT were sent to the facility to locate a "big secret" hidden there. After finding a platform to upload the data, the duo was stopped by Dark Acolyte Asajj Ventress, who took the data from them. She then used the Force to attempt to take QT-KT away but Secura pulled the droid back with the force, although the astromech's head became detached.
Secura and Ventress then drew their lightsabers and engaged in a lightsaber duel. The two leapt from platform to platform, blocking each others' blows. Ventress warned Secura to escape while she could, before the beam glowing through the facility overheated, which would take down the whole facility. Ventress then threw her lightsabers at Secura, which missed and instead hit a pipe which caused the beam to become unstable and the floor begin to crack, while Ventress and Secura continued their duel.
Realizing it was her duty as a Jedi to be selfless, Secura used her Force powers to protect the research facility's Geonosian workforce from the debris, ordering them to escape. Ventress scorned the Jedi's perceived weakness, but also took the opportunity to flee.
Notes and references
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Nightsisters"
- "Tales of Villainy: Give & Take"—Star Wars Adventures (2020) 12
- "Tales of Villainy: Give & Take" is set after the beginning of the Clone Wars, which is dated to 22 BBY by Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. As Asajj Ventress is working for the Confederacy of Independent Systems during the story, it must occur prior to the Battle of Sullust, in which she is forced out of Separatist service. Since Galactic Atlas dates the battle to 20 BBY, the story must occur during or between those years.