- "Please omit unnecessary details, my dear! Recording circuits are open!"
- ―Mistress Mnemos
A strict and proper machine, Mistress Mnemos originally served the Obroa-skai branch library on Fusai, where she was housed in an underground chamber and plugged into a wall of storage drives over a kilometer long. When funding was cut for the library, Mnemos' data vault was maintained by local volunteers. Sometime prior to the Battle of Yavin, the Rebel Alliance took custody of the supercomputer when they established Fusai as a safeworld.
C-3PO visited Mistress Mnemos to create a record of Luke Skywalker and his friends' early activities for the Alliance. However, his interactions with her were lukewarm at best, as they at least once argued over disseminating of information before 3PO could get the chance at explaining the details of any of Luke's early activities.
Behind the scenesEdit
Mistress Mnemos was created by Russ Manning.
Two deleted strips, presumably taking place at the beginning of Gambler's World, revealed that Mistress Mnemos had several security checkpoints, one of which (the final one) required for the visitor (C-3PO in this case) to stand on a white line until his identity was verified, resulting in 3PO asking whether the security protocols, even for something as top secret as her, were too extreme. After arriving, he also finishes Mnemos' request to stand at the edge of the platform and divulge his activity, pointing out that something "as big and smart" as her should remember her friends more.
- Star Wars Official Poster Monthly 17 (Picture only)
- Star Wars Scrapbook: The Essential Collection (Picture only)
- "ComicScan: Coming Full Circle"—Star Wars Galaxy Collector 3
- The Starhoppers of Aduba-3"—Star Wars Gamer 4 "
- The New Essential Guide to Droids
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Unknown Regions
- "Authors of the Expanded Universe: Russ Manning"—Star Wars Insider 140
Notes and referencesEdit
- Flashback - Wookiee Madness! article at T'Bone's Star Wars Universe discusses The Kashyyyk Depths and provides scans.