- "My friend. Welcome to Moenia. The starport is a bustling center of commerce and community. And the swamp is an endless source of adventure."
- ―Bertos Goodner, to a spacer
Protected by the dense swamplands of the Paitnnu Wetlands, Moenia was an ideal city for Naboo's educated elite. It lay in the Lianorm Swamp region of the planet, an area traditionally inhabited by the Gungans. The city boasted Naboo's highest concentration of successful authors, artists and musicians.[source?] During the Naboo invasion, it was also the location of many merchants and pro-Gungan Naboo. It was also the training ground for many of Naboo's elected officials, and included some of the galaxy's most respected universities.[source?]
The Empire viewed Moenia as little more than an artist's retreat and virtually ignored all activity in the city. This allowed for the formation of a small but influential group of political idealists sympathetic to the Rebellion. Publicly, Moenia's leadership would support the Empire, but they surreptitiously funded Alliance activities, welcomed refugees from worlds under Imperial siege, and arranged meetings between Rebel agents and powerful political figures from throughout the galaxy. While the peaceful residents of Moenia would rarely take up arms against the Empire, their underground support of the Alliance proved to be a valuable asset.[source?]
Among the city's more famous patrons was the famed poet, philologist, and scholar Ebenn Q3 Baobab. Borvo the Hutt was also known to relax in the local cantina. From there, he managed his own vault just outside the city. This vault was actually a large underground bunker, rumored to have an acklay and rancor guarding its secrets.
An interesting feature about Moenia was that it usually had a misty gloom about it. While inside the city, one could rarely tell if it was day or night. Perhaps it was for this reason that Moenia chose to be the host of the Galactic Moon Festival.
- Darth Plagueis (Mentioned only)
- End Game
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided (First appearance)
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Ruins of Dantooine
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Galactic Hunters (Light Side scenario campaign)
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided Quick Reference Guide
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Total Experience: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Complete Guide: Prima Official Game Guide
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars Galaxies: The Ruins of Dantooine
- ↑ Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Legacy Quest: "Recover all Six Pieces of the scattered Gungan Artifact" on Naboo
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided—Loading Screen: "Moenia"
- ↑ "End Game"