Characteristics[edit | edit source]
- "These machines are responsible for gathering this planet's single most valuable resource: water."
- ―A moisture farmer to a droid
The device comprised any number of tall slender refrigerated pipes (usually one). When hot, moist air came into contact with one of the frigid tubes; the humidity immediately condensed into droplets of pure water that ran down the tubes and into underground storage tanks.
A properly maintained moisture vaporator could usually collect enough water to sustain three average Humans, even on desert planets like Tatooine, and Geonosis; water could be collected from air with a moisture content of as little as 1.3%. Because of the delicate nature of the machines, regular maintenance was usually required.
History[edit | edit source]
During the Jedi Civil War, Czerka Corporation produced vaporators for use in its more arid outposts, such as Anchorhead on the planet Tatooine. Former Sith Lord Revan obtained several of these as part of a negotiated deal with a local tribe of Tusken Raiders.
The Tatooine Moisture Farm Collective existed to protect the planet's water supply. Together with the Bestine Chamber of Commerce, they sometimes employed hunters to kill the wild creatures that damaged the vaporators.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Non-canon appearances[edit | edit source]
- LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
- LEGO Star Wars: The Yoda Chronicles video game
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed video game — Ultimate Sith Edition
- LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy
- "The Rebel Club"—Star Wars Tales 19 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Yoda Stories