- «Coaxium is precious. Scrumrats like you come cheap.»
- ―Moloch to Qi'ra and Han[src]
Moloch was a male Grindalid who lived in the galaxy during the Imperial Era. As a member of the Corellia-based White Worms gang, he made sure none of Lady Proxima's scrumrats worked against the Grindalid matriarch.
Moloch was a member of the White Worms gang and was present in the White Worms' den when Han Solo was brought to Lady Proxima after a failed mission. Lady Proxima was angered by Han's failure and ordered Rebolt to hit Han with a staff. Angered by this, Han grabbed the staff from Rebolt and said that he would hit back. Moloch then pulled out a blaster and pointed it at Han. Frightened for Han, Qi'ra ran in front of Moloch and pleaded with him to not shoot Han. Han then grabbed a rock and broke a window with it, exploiting the Grindalid weakness of sunlight. This caused Proxima to burn it up and retreat into the water. Han then took Qi'ra, pushed through the scrumrats, and ran outside the den. Moloch quickly covered his face with armor so he wouldn't burn, and started to pursue Han and Qi'ra. As Han and Qi'ra were escaping in a landspeeder, Moloch opened fire on them, but did not hit them or the speeder.
Moloch then took Rebolt, Syke, and a pack of Corellian hounds with him in his A-A4B landspeeder to pursue the White Worm deserters. Moloch quickly caught up to Qi'ra and Han in his speeder, and started to knock their speeder with his much more sizable speeder. Moloch proceeded to chase the deserters through the streets of Coronet City. Han eventually took the chase into an industrial manufacturing plant. Han then slanted his speeder to try and fit through a small crevice so Moloch would not catch him. Han's speeder became wedged in the end of the crevice, so he and Qi'ra were forced to continue running on foot. Moloch's speeder was too big to go after them, so like Han and Qi'ra, he and his party were forced to chase the deserters on foot.
Moloch tracked Han and Qi'ra to the Coronet Spaceport, but was momentarily stopped by a stormtrooper. Moloch informed the stormtrooper of the runaways, and the stormtroopers began to look for Han and Qi'ra as well. Han and Qi'ra were able to get to the gate to leave Corellia, but as they were walking out, one of Moloch's thugs grabbed Qi'ra and brought her to Moloch. The gate then closed so they couldn't get Han, thus allowing Han to escape Corellia and leave them behind.
Personality and TraitsEdit
Moloch was merciless and braver than most of the White Worms, being willing to go out of the sewers. He was well known among the scrum rats as well.
Behind the scenesEdit
Moloch is played by actor Harley Durst and voiced by British dialect coach Andrew Jack in the 2018 Star Wars Anthology film Solo: A Star Wars Story. The character of Moloch was first revealed in a Denny's-exclusive Topps trading card. Moloch's name was a nod to Allen Ginsberg's 1955 poem "Howl."
- Most Wanted
- Solo: A Star Wars Story (First appearance)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Meet the Crew
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Expanded Edition
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Expanded Edition audiobook
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: A Junior Novel
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Read-Along Storybook and CD
- Star Wars: Solo Graphic Novel Adaptation
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Adaptation 1
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Adaptation 3 (Appears in flashback(s))
- Han Solo - Imperial Cadet 1
- Han Solo - Imperial Cadet 2 (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: Force Arena
- "Flight of the Falcon, Part 4: Lady and the Tramp"—Star Wars Adventures 17 (Appears in flashback(s))
- Solo: A Star Wars Story (Card: Moloch)
- Star Wars Insider 180
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide
- Star Wars: Scum and Villainy: Case Files on the Galaxy's Most Notorious
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: New Edition
- (Picture only)
- (Picture only)